Saturday, November 29, 2008

Y is for Young Women!

I have loved my calling and I am so grateful to be with the Young Women. In some ways, we are pretty lucky for having such a small group. There are about 17 active girls in our group. I am a beehive adviser. I think we are lucky because we all love each other. If there is ever an issue among the girls at school it is quickly resolved. The older girls are beautiful examples to the younger girls and the younger girls watch closely. Because I am so young at times I feel like I'm one of them lol. Last night they were shocked to find out that I had a facebook account... if my young women think I'm too old for a facebook maybe I should get rid of it lol.

Last week we had our first "movie night" at my house. I wanted a girls night and who better to hang out with than your sisters! It was a spur of the moment thing and so only three girls were able to come, but most of them will be coming over in a couple weeks to watch another movie and have treats. It was so fun to hear about their boy drama and dance plans and different activities.

The girls love to tease me for my little idiosyncrasies. The other day I realized that one of the girls I'm really close with is the exact same age as Megan- no wonder I like her so much. At first I felt intimidated but the girls are so warm and welcoming. I've never met a group of females so sweet and unselfish, so loving and so happy! These girls know who they are.

One of the councilors in the stake presidency came to visit us on Sunday. He was inspired to let us know that he knew the young women of our ward truly knew that they were daughters of Heavenly Father and that he loves them. I know in my heart that they each feel that. We've also had several of them bring friends to activities and church and invite them over to their homes to hear the missionary discussions. Two new girls were baptized recently and the love felt among all the girls helps them to feel welcome. We also have one sweet beehive girl who has been coming to church for years but has not been baptized because of her parents. She bore the sweetest testimony of living the standards of the LDS church and how it helps her to be a better person and that she knows the church is true and can't wait to be baptized one day.

I love my YW group! I think they are awesome and I'm so grateful to be able to be a part of something so wonderful!

1 comment:

AlanaJo said...

Hooray for Young Women!