Sunday, November 9, 2008

I is for Ireland


I'm having some difficulty with this Alpha blog when I don't do it consecutively! First of all I started doing it backwards (G is for Google and Grandparents? oh well, I deleted the Google one and kept Grandparents) and then I change my mind when I do letters (I is for Idaho or Ireland?) and though I love Idaho (my original I) I thought it best to do I for Ireland!

I've often dreamed of traveling to Ireland and tonight when I was listening to "Ireland's Greatest Hits" A Cd with songs like: An Irish Lullaby, Danny Boy, Believe me if all those Enduring Young Charms etc. I love Irish music! I am ashamed that I don't know much of my Irish heritage, I don't even know much about my Great Grandparents. All I know is that I'm part of a wonderful heritage. I guess the most I know is that on October 24th 1962 my Grandma arrived in Salt Lake city with my Dad and Aunt Lesley and Uncle Archie to join my Grandpa who had told my Grandma months earlier in Belfast Ireland that they were going to America after a distinct prompting from the Spirit.

So I guess that would make me a first generation American (or perhaps the second?) Either way, Ireland is somewhere inside me mixed with my English blood and I'm proud of that legacy.

1 comment:

Bea said...

You are first generation. How come I missed this blog until tonight. Very GOOD choice. You are still in the will. :o)