Monday, November 24, 2008

V is for Vampires!

Ok so I know I've posted about Twilight before...but I went to the movie tonight. I wanted to see it when it came out, but I also wanted to avoid the freaks...and that desire won out so I waited until tonight to see it.

I like the books a lot. I like the story I should say. Stephenie Meyer is a fantastic story teller, but the writing is supurfluous, dripping with sappy goop (ex: His voice was like melting honey. I could imagine how much more overwhelming his eyes would be. And...It was a colossal tribute to his face that it kept my eyes away from his body.)

I was happy I saw the movie, I'm glad they left it wide open for a sequel (and that one was announced) because New Moon is my favorite book. The movie was actually pretty fantastic I must say...of course having said that I also should warn that I went in with low expectations.

The best part of the movie was the staring from the Vamps. They were always staring intently at people and it made me laugh so hard, especially Jasper because he just looked shocked all the time and never broke character.

I'd recommend it to everyone who has read the book and I would recommend the book to anyone that can read...its very entertaining and you might as well know what the rest of the country is talking about!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am so glad to hear your movie experience was the same as mine! I didn't want to get my hopes up incase the movie sucked but I was really pleased I thought they pulled it off very well. Jasper made me laugh too by the way :)