Sunday, November 16, 2008

Who Loves Sean? Meh!

So their is a very funny video of me and Sean at Granma and Granpa's house. Megan isn't their so I'm assuming they were babysitting us while our parents went to England or while they were in the hospital with her. Sean is sitting on the couch and I'm sitting next to him. Granma is filming and Sean is banging his body against the back of the couch and in the annoyed big sister tone I say "SEAN STOP YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!" A few minutes later Granma starts asking him some questions..."Who loves Mommy?" To which he replies in his little baby voice while raising his hand..."Meh" She continues the questions with "Who loves Daddy?" (Meh) and finally "Who loves Melissa"... "Sean who loves Melissa...?" Silence. "Who loves orange juice?" (Meh) "Who Loves Mommy?" (Meh) "Who loves Melissa?" Silence. "Who loves Daddy?" (Meh) "Who loves Melissa?" Silence.

Yeah I think he knew what he was doing...even at 18 months old he knew what was going on.

Today is Sean's 19th birthday. He celebrated his last birthday before his mission without his family...which is fine because I haven't celebrated a birthday at home since I was 18 either. I'm not going to write much about the brother I love, I've already written several long posts about him...and I'm planning to start a blog for him when he goes on his mission. It will consist excerpts of his letters, e-mails, updates, and pictures so everyone can know what he is up to (as long as you send me your e-mail...it will be a private blog). And I'm sure their is a blog coming in two months if I can write through the tears...

I just wanted to say happy birthday to my little brother. No one could ask for a better brother. Their is something to be said about a boy who has the sincere love of his older and younger sister. On January 21st his sisters will have their arms around each other as they watch their brother walk away for two years and feel proud and joy and sorrow.

As an aside- Sean called after I'd left a happy birthday message and this is how the conversation went:

Melissa and Adam: Once again sing happy birthday

Sean: Hey I was just calling to wish you a happy birthday

Melissa: What

Sean: Don't we have the same birthday

Melissa: ?

Sean: Remember from the office? Michael called Jan....and then Jan said "Oh...happy birthday Michael"

What a funny brother I have.

Who loves Sean? Meh!

4 comments:

Lilian said...

Sean is awesome!!

Oh and thanks for commenting on what it might be like for you to watch him walk away for two years. Your aunt is now crying and it's not because of Sean!

LOVE THE OFFICE!!!!!! So proud of Sean for mimicking it!

Margie said...

Funny memory of "Who loves Melissa?" You are such a wonderful big sister. You are both lucky to have each other and I am lucky to have both of you!!

I know what Lilian is talking about. Did you know I have cried ever since I was a little girl and watched missionaries say goodbye to their families, and I didn't even know them.

Saying goodbye this time will be a new experience for all of us.

Bea said...

Who does Granma love?
and don't you forget it :o)

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Awww--- we love Sean, too, over here in Rocklin! AJ and Sean used to be such buddies, because Sean is such a good big cousin. Time and distance aren't very nice to relationships. But we are still very, very fond of Sean, and we will ALWAYS be.