Tuesday, November 4, 2008

H is for Hope


Author: Adam Turney
Concerning Hope, President James E. Faust explained, "Hope is the anchor of our souls. I know of no one who is not in need of hope—young or old, strong or weak, rich or poor. As the prophet Ether exhorted, “Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.”

We recently had a new president elected. Barack Obama has been able to inspire millions across the nation. He promises change to a struggling country. During a time that seems dark to many people in the nation he offers something that many are looking for, including me: HOPE. I cannot guarantee he will do the best job, but I can have faith in him and HOPE for the best. I do HOPE that we will become a better nation, that we can improve our relationship around the world and again be a beacon of light to all other nations. I HOPE that our new president will be able to open doors to opportunity for all people regardless of their ethnic backgrounds. I HOPE that I can help in creating a stronger nation for my children, so I do not have to constantly worry about their welfare. I HOPE that we can all work together as a nation to progress forward and create a more perfect union...and I HOPE that I can achieve the many goals I set for myself and my family.

No comments: