Sunday, November 2, 2008

B is for Books!

I love reading- especially fantasy books. I know I mention books on here a lot and pretty recently but I think reading and writing is wonderful and I have so much fun escaping to the world of fantasy. Fantasy is my favorite genre because I love to escape into a world where magic is ordinary and true love in inevitable. Here is a list of some of my favorite books, books that I will read over and over again!

First: My all time favorite book! I always love telling the story of reading the last book in the series and bawling my eyes out it was so powerful! Everyone has to read this book at some point in life if only to gain an opinion of this incredible book who made thousands of kids turn off the tv and open a book.


I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the closet and picked up this book heading to my favorite parts. My parents bought this for me when they went on a trip to Atlanta and I believe they were near or in Margaret Mitchell's house (she wasn't home:) I love this story and I find it presents a completely unapologetic view of the south. Its interesting and romantic.
I recently read this book and thought it was amazing! It was so cute and I wish I had it when I was about 12! I also wish I had a real Princess Academy! I bet tuition would be expensive though.
This is a great book! I love the language and the naritive. It is very mystical and beautiful and I would recommend it for anyone who needs a good escape from life.
Beautiful story! I love Victor Hugo- one of my favorite authors. I read this in High School and am planning on reading it again in a couple weeks.
This is my guilty pleasure. If you plan on reading it, plan on stoping at one or at least three. This is a great story and I think it gets a bad rap but its actually awesome.
When I said that Harry Potter was my favorite I should have included that this book is my most beloved. I have read it more than any other book and its thanks to my dad for reading it to me every Christmas. I'm looking forward to picking it up again this year...I even have it on my ipod so I think I'll listen to it with Adam.

Adam Turney: A book that I read during a college English course is Blindness by Jose Saramago. This book is the most amazing book I have ever held in my hands. The author is from Portugal so it is translated to English. The writing style is like nothing I have seen before. He does not use punctation like a formal writer does. Paragraphs will span several pages at at time. But it is the content of the book that touched me. It examines human nature and how people behave when placed in dire situations. I honestly have a difficult time explaining how amazing this reading experience is. The material is thought provoking and often had me wondering how I would have reacted in the same situation. This is a book I recommend to everyone that loves reading genuinely amazing literature.

1 comment:

Margie said...

You have always loved books!! I'm so glad. That was fun to see some of your favorites. Megan just watched Gone With The Wind and did a paper for extra credit in AP American. Remember when the three of us went to the movie, and you two were just little girls. Good times!