Monday, November 3, 2008

F is for Flabby Fat!!!


Wow I am having way too much fun with this Alpha-blogging...every time I finish a post I'm thinking about the next letter- Adam has already claimed "N" so look forward to that one :)


The other day I got on the scale and found something dreadful. To my utter horror I discovered that I weighed more than I ever have in my life, and we are talking over 20 pounds since marriage people. This is not due to the natural course of life where as we get older our metabolism slows...nor is it the "after" effects of a baby...no I don't get to have a beautiful child to love, just my love handles to carry around. It is due to over eating and laziness. Don't raz me for this post. I am the girl who has the 114 pound sister and the 123 pound mother who look gorgeous next to me, add to that we are all about the same height so even ten pounds makes a difference (not to mention 17). Adam discovered he's also gained weight since we've gotten married and we are determined to get healthier. We went to the gym tonight and worked out for about 45 minutes and had a healthy salmon and veggie dinner. We talked about the things we need to do in order to whip into shape.


I remember my dad saying once that the best time to kick weight gain in the bud is when you are only 10 lbs over your desired weight. I think this is true and ideally I'll lose about 18 lbs...right in time to get pregnant.
When I was in High School I never had to worry about my weight (although I always did) because I was dancing a lot and really active. I at one time had a pretty nice six pack going on (that just made me sad to write) so I'm going to try and tighten my abs and get rid of my flab!

5 comments:

Bea said...

Hey!!! I would look better than that in a bikini!!!! perhaps I will go get one :o) but........ on the other hand(le) maybe not....
Did I hear a collective sigh of relief from my family?

Candace said...

Wow, I just threw up a little in the back of my throat. Gross.

Margie said...

I never weigh myself after I have eaten...or at night. First thing in the morning is best...with nothing on. Don't be too hard on yourself. I think you look great. I am glad you are exercising. Good plan to be at a weight you are happy with before you get pg. Oh...and Megan and I thank you for posting our weights...is nothing private???

Lesley said...

Too bad I saw that picture right before eating dinner :-(

Lilian said...

Can I just say that I'm looking forward to "G"