Saturday, November 22, 2008

P is for Peter Pan

This weekend Adam and I flew to Utah to see Megan as the cutest Indian in Peter Pan! I've been so excited to see her in this play because I have missed out on her previous performances. I feel so guilty when I don't get to see Choir Concerts, Piano Recitles and Plays- especially since my sibs all came to everything I did- so I was SO GRATEFUL for the opportunity to go to see Peter Pan!
Weber High has always outdone themselves when it comes to theatrical productions. They always go above and beyond and they never disappoint- especially when they involve my sister ;) I think that perhaps it could have been better than professional theater as I believe Peter Pan should be seen played by high school kids who believe they will never grow up (they may think they will but they don't believe it).

I love Peter Pan sooo much. I think it is such a beautiful story! I love that everyone is so desperate for a mother. Interesting- since J.M. Barrie was raised by a mother so depressed by the death of his older brother David that she wasn't very present and in Peter Pan the theme is living in eternal youth with a loving mother who tells stories.
The play was just so amazing! I'll have to post pics later...I lifted them from Granma's blog...I actually cried at the end when Peter came for Wendy and she couldn't go because she was all grown up (Peter, I'm old- I'm more than twenty) it felt like the passing of the torch and I hadn't really remembered how it ended when I was a little girl. I guess I never thought I myself would grow up...

1 comment:

Bea said...

Thanx for reminding me that the pictures I posted came courtesy of your Grandpa Don. I had forgotten to take my camera. It was an amazing play. Well done in every aspect. :o)