Sunday, November 2, 2008

D is for Dumb and Dumber


Author: Adam Turney
This movie will forever be considered the greatest comedy of all time in my history book. Although I have not watched it for several years, it was the cornerstone of my teenage life. My friends and I watched it numerous times. One summer I swear I watched it at least 30 times...no exaggeration. My friend David and I had seen it so many times that we actually quoted the whole entire movie on the way to the temple one night (we weren't driving). The movie was a family favorite and we watched it religiously when we would go on family trips. There are so many memorable quotes from the movie that it just brings a smile to my face remembering them (I might have to get the movie out). In high school it was such a huge part of life that students created Dumb and Dumber trivia that was actually really challenging and asked questions about details you had to pay close attention to know. Never has any other movie impacted my life the way that Dumb and Dumber has, and for this it will forever be considered the all-time greatest comedy. For prom one year my friend David and I worked hard to find the tuxedos that Harry and Loyd wear to a party, but we were not successful...I am confident our dates were grateful for our failure to locate the colorful tuxes. I still find the comedy of the movie hilarious, but I have realized that much of the movie was about who it was watched with. Watching it alone is not nearly as much fun as watching it with a group of friends that are in a silly mood. Dumb and Dumber is not for everybody, but it brought an infinite number of smiles to my face and continues to make me happy just thinking about the movie and the great times I shared with my friends.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Well looks like I don't have to think of a letter D!!!! AAHHHH looks like its time to change the password...jk I guess this is our family blog and if Adam wants to take my D is for DENMARK then I guess I have to sacrifice a little, or just write my own blog tonight!

Lilian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilian said...

MOCK-YEAH!
ING-YEAH!

And the rest of it.... however it goes, is all I would hear from Russell and Alan when they were in the same room together!!! Unfortunately, I haven't seen them in the same room together for 2.5 years! But then maybe that's a good thing since I haven't had to hear the most annoying sound in the world either!

Margie said...

I've never seen this movie. Do you think I would like it???

Bree Johnson said...

hey lady will you e-mail me your e-mail so i can send yu the questionairre- i hardly ever use my e-mail anymore and i have your byui one ha! sned it to parisgirl55@gmail.com