Saturday, September 20, 2008

What I want

Sometimes I get into these crazy moods, like wanting to buy this or that, wanting to do this or that. I have to smack myself sometimes and realize that some things are just not worth it.

I am the kind of girl that loves to be comfortable. I dress modestly meaning, someday those people on what not to wear are going to come and laugh at my closet. I have about four pairs of shoes. Two for work/church (brown and black professional looking) and I have running shoes and comfortable shoes. I own three pairs of Jeans, different shades. Several tee shirts, none of them new for about a year. Adam is a great dresser, very snappy. He has about twenty beautiful dress shirts and about a hundred ties. He's been collecting.

I sit on two old couches that have a hole in the middle from where Austin sat for 18 years (exageration lol) We have one car ONE! lol. Which makes for interesting adventures. The point is we don't have a lot of STUFF. Sometimes I think, man I wish I had a pile of STUFF, or hey you know what I want to buy? STUFF. But then I think, what is the point. Will a new pair of shoes make me happier? No. Will a new car make my life better? No. Easier perhaps but not better.

What do I spend my money on...School. Yep loads of school. I guess thats where our priorities are right now. When we are out of school, we will hopefully spend that money on a cute little house, or a vacation...

thats what I want...a vacation.

4 comments:

Little GrumpyAngel said...

It sounds like you have your priorities straight and are mature beyond your years. Your parents will be proud of you :-). Stay that way and someday you will be able to afford ALL the nice stuff you want, even if you don't even care about getting them. On my fridge I have a a magnet that says, "The greatest things in life are not 'things' ". I used to smirk and say, "Only poor people say that." Back when I would never have put that magnet up. But maturity brings some wisdom FORTUNATELY.

Bea said...

zYou are doing just fine. i have been to your house and it is neat and clean and comfortable and friendly. As for "STUFF" that is exactly what it is. "Lay not up treasures..where moth and rust corrupt... but lay up treasures in Heaven" A certain amount of "stuff" is nice though :o)and vacations are always in order. :o)

Margie said...

You get a vacation...next week. I get to spoil you for a few days. I'm excited for you to come home (or at least your other home).

Jessica said...

Vacations sound like fun!
I'm so glad you are coming! :)