Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Know God LOVES Me!!!

Author: Adam Turney

This morning was a typical morning for me. I stayed up too late once again and did not want to get out of bed...but it is habit for me so I didn't fight much. After removing my retainer and feeding the turtle I sat down at my computer to check some mail. As is common for Thursday mornings I had an email from Ticketmaster in my Inbox. It is always fun to see who is coming to perform in Las Vegas and see who I won't get to see since they are performing at MGM Grand and not the venues I work at. Well, this morning was very different because there was tour information about a band I have been dying to see...and since we actually have some money this year we are definitely going.

Finally, I get to see my favorite band THE KILLERS!!!! I have been anxiously waiting for them to return to their hometown of Las Vegas and perform for me (and whoever else attends I guess). So on Monday, October 20, Melissa and I will be driving to the Hard Rock venue and enjoying an evening with my favorite band ever. Oh, and that is just a couple days after my birthday...I am sure they wanted to come on October 17 (my actual birthday) but they realized I was working the Justin Timberlake show and wanted to let me earn some money that night. Needless to say, I am one excited little boy...it's like waiting for Christmas or going to see family after being away for so long (Melissa can relate more to that last one). I have never been so excited to go and see something...perhaps the excitement of my wedding day compares...and it is little things like this that tell me that God loves me.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

YAY! I had no Idea until I got up this morning and signed onto my blog, Adam has been waiting for this for Three years! so exciting for him! And me too. I love the Killers!

Margie said...

The Killers...I don't know what to think. I trust that it is an uplifting enjoyable band and not what their name suggests. You will have to let me know.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Yay for Adam! You're sooo "seriously blessed" :-) Cool band. Not too much to worry about Margie. They are definitely NOT the newer version of the Osmonds, but they're okay. Tara wanted to marry Brandon Flowers until she found out he's married and a dad. She thinks he's hot. And he is devout LDS. So I wouldn't worry so much about Adam and Melissa being in their concert. So altogether now, Yay for Adam! We're excited for you!

Bea said...

I have never heard of "The Killers" (surprised?)but I remember when my boys were much younger they liked "Kiss" and I thought they were EVIL and objected but we all survived.!!!!!
I'm glad you get to do what you want Adam, we all need that once in awhile:o)

Lesley said...

Hey Adam, good writing!! I'm glad you get to see your band.