Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Grade is a ZOO :)

I've had so much fun today! I came to work with Adam at Tanaka and substituted in first grade. What a crazy grade. I have to keep reminding the students not to tattle tell. They are so so funny though, I am trying to not laugh at the things they say. The class is made up of mostly 6 year old but their are a few five year olds and a few seven year olds. What hilarious little people. I try to think back to first grade. I remember I was supposed to pick up my name card and take it to a desk I wanted to chose. I stood alone and confused because it said Mellisa Marsden. I thought perhaps their was someone else with a similar name to me. I stood staring at the table wondering if my name tag would suddenly appear. Mellisa's name tag stood alone waiting for her and I stood their waiting for Melissa's name. Finally my teacher came and told me that I needed to take my name tag and sit down. I told her that I couldn't find it and she asked me what my name was "Melissa," I said. "Well that's your name tag then," she replied. "No my name is M-e-l-i-s-s-a."

Heaven bless teachers.

I didn't have lesson plans so I had to quickly make stuff up. The teacher left without making them up but I found worksheets and books and I've kept them busy all day. I think it would be best if I had the plans, I'm pretty worn out though...I think I need different shoes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always have to tell Bree to wear practical shoes.

Lesley said...

I love this post Melissa, because when I see L-e-s-l-i-e it's not me. It never has been and never will be. But we have a patient at our office who spells her name M-e-l-l-i-s-a it's so wrong ;-)