Monday, September 1, 2008

I love Adam

Tonight I realized I fell in love with my Adam again today- I love when that happens.

I started off the morning late- waking up at 10am. Adam had woken up earlier but got back in bed to snuggle with me. We made breakfast then went-a-car-shopping. Saturday night our blessed 12 year old car came to the end of it's life. It wasn't a long life but it had many miles and memories on it- making several trips from California to Rexburg, from Vegas to Utah, many times..It also held many dating memories which isn't important...we had some good luck but decided not to buy anything right now and we have figured out a schedule for the semester. No rush to spend that much money. I wanted to hold out until I got pregnant but that's a long ways away and good old car didn't make it (RIP).

Anyway we went to Walmart and Office Depot...nothing exciting. Then came home and worked on Homework.

Today was Adam's turn on Family Night. He gave a great lesson on the Refiners Fire. I love hearing him speak on spiritual matters. He is a great teacher. I thought about D & C Section 122 which has become my favorite section. "All these things will give thee experience and shall be for thy good." I think that is a better phrase to live by than "This too shall pass."

After Adam left to go to work at a concert, I started to think about what a great guy he is. I'm really lucky because he is absolutly perfect for me although he's far from perfect :) I'm grateful for him and he is my favorite blessing. I'm gonna go before I sound too "Seriously So Blessed" over here. (If you haven't read that blog- you must)

4 comments:

Joy Salmon said...

I love the way you said it because it was stated so profoundly- I love that he is perfect for me even though he is not perfect... It is soooooooo true and is what a lot of people have misconstrued about relationships and their mates.... they don't have to be perfect but they better be perfect for you....

Lesley said...

Melissa I love fall too. I have a sad car story as well. My car died nearly two years ago, basically it was like a scene from CSI. All of our cars (bodily) fluids spilled all over the KFC parking lot in Bountiful. A tow truck took it to our mechanic (the Bishop) and we followed along so we could make the funeral plans. I was very upset, I didn't want to purchase a car at that time and I had to. But now I have the "Silver Bullet" which is serving me well.

PS I had a patient come in today from Las Vegas. She moved there recently. She lives in Summerhill or something like that. But wherever it is it is west of Las Vegas like you.

Melissa said...

oh yeah thats really close to us! Our car didn't get a tow, it got a push lol. One of our ward members owns a police car (Illigally?) and he has a thing on the front to push cars out of the way...well he pushed us about three miles home it was pretty funny, I felt like doing the beauty queen wave

Margie said...

I love Adam too