Friday, October 17, 2008

When the Shining Armor Comes Off

Most every girl dreams of the day when she will be carried away to live happily ever after with her knight in shining armor. To those lucky princesses who are fortunate enough to have found said knight, they are often surprised when the gallant soldier takes off the shinning armor. Do they really know this man? How happy will they live Ever After?
Three and a half years ago I met such a knight who swept me off my feet and carried me away to live my happily ever after. On this day October 17th 2008, my knight's birthday I would like to share with you who he is when the armor comes off.
When he removes his helmet, you find yourself staring into the most bright, dashing smile. When we were dating up at BYU-Idaho, my grandma made a special stop with our family friend on her way to our cabin to show her his perfect toothy grin. This was the first thing I noticed, and if he could fill my heart with only one memory, it would be of his smile. Inside that smile are eloquent and witty words which, as he promised, makes me laugh every day. From those perfect lips come some pretty outrageous things that my ears may not agree with at times but never has he raised his voice to me. His patience exceeds my own and from him I've learned to be more calm and serene in my own life. Not only will you notice his handsome features, but his stunning intellect. My knight has a thirst for knowledge, motivated by this he is seeking to further himself by pursuing two graduate degrees. This makes my heart swell with pride, I have never known anyone to be so ambitious and I'm grateful he aspires to such worthy goals.

When he removes his breastplate you will discover his good heart. Adam has so much goodness within. As many of you know, Adam is very lovable. Sometimes he can be quick to judge new things, but is quick to repent and embrace what he has dismissed. Beneath the breastplate is also a welcome spot for a warm hug. Adam's hugs are sincere and comforting.

As for the rest of the suit, the shoulders are exposed leaving a welcome place to cry. Without the restriction of the heavy metal on the arms he is better able to reach out and serve others. Adam has a love for service, I think this is where he gets his love for teaching. He reaches out with loving arms and touches the lives and minds of these children. Beneath the armor, he is just my Adam and that is fine with me :)

I am grateful because I have found such a wonderful man. I love him so much! Adam has taught me so much in these past three and a half years and I'm grateful that we have eternity to share. Adam- Thank you for everything. Happy Birthday Lover!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is me!!! I like to read about myself...I am so interesting.

Bea said...

Does your knight know the song,"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way". Well, it is good to hear your sentiments about your knight in shining armor, :o) Keep it going, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Adam.

Margie said...

Happy late birthday Adam. It sounds like you will actually be celebrating tonight!! Have fun.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Oh, sorry we're late. Belated happy birthday, Adam. We haven't had the chance to get to know you that much but you must be okay since you are Caleefornyan like us :-) And also since Melissa seem to think you are awesome and we trust her :-)