Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Awesome Birthday!

In my last post I referred to my birthday weekend in St. George and I'm now going to expound :)
We had a WONDERFUL weekend in St. George and I'd like to mention a very special person who helped make it possible and more affordable. To respect her desired anonymity I will refer to her as my Phavorite Filipino Auntie! So THANKS SO MUCH! The hotel was awesome and we didn't have any issues or anything. You are so wonderful!

We left about noon for St. G and almost forgot to change our clocks :) So we were late to see the Joseph Smith movie at the time we had planned. I have never seen the Joseph Smith movie and I heard it was awesome. I hear he's a great guy/True Prophet of the Restoration so I figured I might need to check it out. I called ahead and they said it was a 70 minute movie and they showed it every hour and a half. Adam and I sat down to watch it in the St. George Temple visitors center so we could enjoy it. I remembered that an acquaintance of my family had played the Young Joseph so I was surprised when the movie started and Nate Wititaker (inside joke w/Caitlin) looked like he'd been given a prosthetic nose. I was so confused for about 20 minutes when all of a sudden the movie ended. A couple of us in the theater looked around confused...I got up and walked out asking the Sister if the movie was supposed to be over...oops she pressed the wrong "Joseph Smith Movie" button :(


So we watched the movie we'd gone to see (Although we'd had a huge spoiler with the other movie- hint: The Church is True. Period.) I of course cried and was moved and it was wonderful. I'm so happy that I've seen it and it makes me want to be a better missionary.


So after the movie it was off to the Play LES MISERABLES (LES). Adam kept pronouncing the play Les Miserablesles and I don't want to confuse him so it will be hence referred to in this post as Les Miserablesles. Adam of course realized how cold he was all of a sudden and decided to get a Bennie which made me anxious. Of course because I was anxious he didn't believe me when I told him to get the black and not brown one so he had to ask another lady (grrr) and then we were on our way. We were sitting up in row D 10&11 (I.E. 4th row center) WE LOVED IT! I cried at least six times. Adam didn't understand the first half (thank goodness for intermission) and so I explained and he really enjoyed his first experience! We were snuggled up in the cold under a blanket made by my Granma B. The show was incredible but it was no London :)
I had so much fun! I'm grateful that we were able to do that and that we could have a hotel so that we could be safe! Next, The Killers!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Yeah, you'll have to tell me about the whole inside joke with Caitlin cuz anything that will give me a good laugh about that Witaker kid would make me happy. Such a jerk.

Sounds like a fun weekend! I read your post about Santa and Sex too. It makes me laugh when a conversation turns into something completely different than what it was meant to be. One of those things that make you go, "Hmmmmm???"

Reagan said...

What fun! I heart les mis! so glad you got to see it. Happy Happy Birthday!