Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Version of Thankful Satuday.

Last night while driving for some quality time with Mindy, time I have been seriously lacking, I was side swipped on the I-15 Northbound.

Usually it's my favorite road :) The road to my parents house, the road that connects me to my family...but last night I was terrified. I was driving on the right side of the road when suddenly a white Chevy Truck zoomed up the entrance lane and attempted to merge into traffic well, he was speeding and tried to cut me off (Excuuuuse me for following traffic rules) apparently his depth perception is worse than mine. I could see it was about to happen. It was inevitable as his truck drifted faster and faster toward my car I couldn't switch lanes, no opportunity. I tried to slow down right as I knew it was happening- just let him go along his way and be angry at his recklessness but nope.

When he hit me we were sharing a lane and I was scared I would be forced into traffic. I lost control for a minute as he just sped up and casually drifted into traffic. Retaining my wits I quickly called Adam and told him to get a paper and pen. I followed the guy for about a mile while Adam did this, honking the whole way. I relayed his information: White Chevy Truck California plates licence number blah blah blah. I was freaking out.

So this morning as I think back on the events of last night and assess the damage I am grateful for many things. I am thankful that the car had limited damage to it. We lost the passenger side mirror and have slight dents invisible from ten feet away and its scraped up some. I am thankful for this because it is our only car. I am grateful that at no point I ever felt my life was in danger. I was able to stay calm enough to know that and feel safe and protected. I am thankful for Mindy who still went out with me and provided me with counseling :) I am grateful for Adam who jumped right on the problem contacting insurance and such. I am safe and fine and for now I am trying to let go of the anger I feel towards the awful driver who made bad choices endangering our one and only car.

5 comments:

BobN said...

Oh my goodness. We are so glad you are ok. What a complete jerk that they did not even stop. I wonder if they were drinking.

Hooray for you for having the presence of mind to get all the information so the insurance company and maybe the police can go after them. And for Adam being reachable.

Gosh. And you just sold the other car, too.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Oh, my goodness! We're glad you're okay. That must have been quite scary. I don't think I'd have the presence of mind you exhibited. I would have been a bawling basket case at the get go.

Joy Salmon said...

WOW! i AM STUNNED- FOR A SECOND i THOUGHT YOU WERE PULLING OFF ONE OF YOUR MADE UP STORIES (LIKE THE BANK ROBERY) BUT MY GOODNESS I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE OKAY AND THAT EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING!!!

Margie said...

Dad and I pray everyday for your safety and protection. I am grateful that you are safe.

Bree Johnson said...

are you ok! Holy cow! If I were there I'd chase him down for you! I'm glad your fine- don't scare me like that!