Saturday, October 4, 2008

Friday: The Temple


I always have good experiences when I go to the temple, however, this last temple trip was especially special.

I was so grateful to be with my brother in the temple. I'm grateful for his choices and for holding onto the rod :)


As we drove to the temple, we spent the time answering some of Sean's questions and speaking of spiritual things. As we approached the temple Sean shared with us that he almost felt as Joseph Smith felt when he went to the Grove to pray. That became even more of a reality as we got out of the car and walked to the temple and were met with protesters ready for the conference crowd. If we'd let the darkness in, we may have had a different experience, but we kept our minds focused on the house of the Lord.


I can't really describe what it was like having my brother in the temple with me. I was so proud of him, and happy for him. I was grateful to share the experience and be with many family members that are not usually in the temple with me. I even saw Becky (Ensign) Strong, who was not in the session but in the temple with us. I was grateful to see her. What a wonderful place to be together. I only wish that Adam could have been there with us. I love being in the temple with him.


2 comments:

Bea said...

It was a special time. It touched my heart to see you and Sean together. It was good to be with you in the Temple. I can't believe you are both old enuf, time flies when you are having fun.

Bree Johnson said...

girllllll love the hairrrrr- and the brown paisly dress! You look awesome I miss you-