Sunday, October 19, 2008

Not Quite Finished...All about Adam

I didn't feel quite finished for Adam's Birthday..perhaps it was because it was so rushed...so I thought I'd do something similar to what I did except I don't have the time or the patience to think of one hundred things and reader- you probably don't have time to read 100 things so in honor of his 27th birthday (wow what the heck!) I give you

27 Things You May Not Know About Adam

1) He Builds Computers for Fun and is pretty Genius when it comes to fixing them, which helps a lot because who wants to pay for computer repairs

2) He Served his Mission in Australia which he loved and often says out of the blue "I am so jealous of Sean!

3) He was Adopted- His mom got divorced when he was about three years old- back then he was Adam Whiting. Along came my AWESOME Father-in-Law and he's a better man for having Terry as his Dad.

4) He is the Oldest of 6 but only one of those is his full brother- Austin. The rest are his half sibs and I believe he has four others that belong to his biological father.

5) Adam is an EXCELLENT COOK! One day he asked if I was "free for Friday night" and I made sure I was. I was anxious to go on a date but instead I came home to a glamorous meal in the candlelight "just because"

6) Adam Decided he wanted to be a teacher after he saw a ball kicked really high by his Principal. He decided to fulfill that dream and while playing soccer with some 2nd graders he kicked the ball as hard as he could- right into the face of a little girl...

7) Adam is a CANCER SURVIVOR and has been in Remission for six years now.

8) Adam was once punched in the face at a stop light. The guy cut him off and so he honked his horn. The guy got out of the car (Austin started to cry) and did the "roll your window down" motion. Adam did and the guy punched him right in the face. They were pretty sure the guy was high as he drove down the road opening and closing his door. Oh did I mention they were shopping on a Sunday and he was 15 years old.

9) Adam is a Comic Book nerd! He loves collecting and reading. On his first birthday that we spent together I bought him a first edition something...I don't know. All I know is I heard him talking about it in July and so I bought it for him in June.

10) Adam is a fantastic writer. When we were dating and I was writing a missionary, he would write me beautiful letters once a week because he wanted to be everything my missionary was and beyond.

11) Adam was kind of a loner as a kid but is now "da Belle of da Ball" as Michael Scott would say. In the two years since returning to Australia before meeting me, Adam had taken out over forty girls, Although, he used his kisses sparingly and I was only girl #4.

12) Adam HATES two things. Marching Bands and Zoos.

13) Adam is an Avid Skier (can't stand "sell out" snowboarders) and he's very good at it, and also very patient with his wife who is absolutely horrible.

14) Adam is hilarious, he is often making up little song and joke and his wit amuses me

15) Adam had braces for several years to get that perfect smile, he also has had skin problems like I had. Between our bad skin and my bad eyes and his crooked teeth our kids are done for.

16) Adam LOVES his Mom, which I thought might be a problem for a long time but he has a great relationship with her and she taught him how to have a loving respectful relationship so for that I thank her

17) Adam loves to serve people. If he is needed somewhere all you have to do is ask and he never grumbles or complains about having to do something, you can tell he truly cares

18) Adam is a BIG TEASE! He especially loves to tease Me, my Mom, and Grandma Bea and you can't get annoyed because of that big smile

19) Adam is a major procrastinator...and sometimes he is quite proud of this fact. He honestly believes that he does his best work at the last minute. On Saturday, he wrote an eleven page research paper in three and a half hours!

20) Adam loves to surprise people. When we were dating he surprised me several times like when he came to visit me in Utah (awesome) or when "he" (and by he I mean his mom) bought tickets to California and Disneyland for my birthday or like when he surprised me with our pet Rocky the Turtle

21) Adam is a shopper, and while I HATE HATE HATE going shopping (even for essentials for groceries) he gladly goes shopping

22) Adam is Mr. Fix it. I am grateful that I married someone who can do simple mechanical work because that saves us a lot of time and money and it gives him something to do

23) This is how old Adam was when we met! Although he told me he was 24...I don't know why

24) Adam has awesome scars! He has one on his left forearm that is shaped in an L which he tells people that he carve into his arm when he was a teen to be in a gang, also one on his foot from when his mom was riding with her baby boy on a bike and she didn't understand why she was going so slow...it was because his foot was caught against the treading on the bike. He didn't even cry.

25) Adam's middle name is Loraine. He once thought of changing it legally to Lindon (Terry's middle name) but never got around to it.

26) Adam has a good eye for art. He used to want to be an architect but found Teaching to be more fulfilling. He won awards for his art in school.

27) Adam is a great swimmer! He was on the swim team in High School and played water polo in both High School and College. This gave him very long and lean muscles, all the better to squeeze me with :)


Adam is the most WONDERFUL husband in the whole world! Honestly he is awesome and I'm grateful for him, for all his wonderful quirky features that make up my husband!

2 comments:

Margie said...

Great post Melissa. Adam is a wonderful man. It was fun to read the 27 reasons. I knew most of them, but I did learn a few new ones. I hope you both have a great day.

Lilian said...

And why does he hate marching bands? Better make sure he steers clear of UNLV this Saturday! It's going to be CRAWLING with marching bands.... DHS included!!!