Monday, April 27, 2009


Who are you, I'd like to know
about the life inside of you- inside of me
I want to hear your voice
Do you have a big grin like your Daddy?
Or does your smile spread unevenly, favoring the left
like me?

Will you be tender, patient, selfless
That is the nature of your father
Or will you have a willful spirit-
too large to be contained in your tiny body...
I don't know where you'd get that from.

Do you know that I love you already?
That you have changed my world?
Do you recognize when I laugh?
Do you know the warmth of your Daddy's hand
As he searches my tummy, trying to feel you move beneath?

I cannot wait to meet you, to hold you in my arms
I want to kiss your little lips, your soft delicate eyelids
I watch you move inside my body, and I know my life is no longer my own

Although you do not have a name, your daddy and I are so in love with you,
See you in three months!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Bea said...

That is tender, Melis. :o)