Sunday, April 26, 2009

{Pregnant} Girls Night Out!

Last night my friend Celestial invited me to have a pregnant girls night out with her sister and two other friends. The five of us range in ages from 19-23 (me being the oldest) and with the exception of her 22 year old sister, we were all first time moms (her sister Tara has two kids already and is on to her third). Tara is 37 weeks pregnant and is having a baby girl, Celestial is 30 or 31 weeks pregnant with a baby boy, Denise and I are 26 weeks pregnant with a due date two days off...well it would be except she is having twins: a boy and a girl, and Brittney is 14 weeks pregnant having a baby something.

So what do pregnant women do at 14-37 weeks? Well eat of course. We went out to Red Robin and got lots of stares (after all, four of us have obvious bumps) and questions. Someone said "I hope its not the same guy..." I wanted to have a little fun and just mention that we were Mormon lol. We all kept getting up having to go to the bathroom. It was funny because we took a bunch of belly pictures together sideways and front ways and every way possible. Tara was 45 inches around, Celestial was 42 inches around, Denise was 39 inches around, and I am 35 inches around. Brittney had a cute little bump but had not measured yet.

After dinner we went to an indoor mini golf arena. It was pretty funny to watch us play, and though our scores should have been much worse we kept giving each other do overs. The game was interrupted by bathroom breaks, braxton hicks, and having to get up after squatting down to place the ball where it needed to go. We all looked pretty hilarious. The guy at the counter was the only one working there and he was really freaked out that someone was going to go into labor at some point lol. He kept checking on us.

After that we went bowling hahaha I'm just kidding...could you imagine. Actually we went out for free frozen yogurt at the Golden Spoon. It was delish.

I'll post pictures if the girls ever e-mail them to me :) It was nice to have a girls night out, even if Adam does worry too much (29 missed calls).

1 comment:

Brian and Carly said...

I can just imagine!! Thanks for the post Melissa it made me smile! I'm glad you are still getting out and enjoying yourself and I'm glad that you aren't as sick as you were at the beginning. Keep having fun and I will be patiently waiting for pictures!