Sunday, March 29, 2009

Girl Weekend

What an awesome weekend!

My mother in law Kris found AWESOME tickets from Vegas to Fresno (76.20 round trip!) for this weekend and graciously invited me out for a girls weekend extravaganza. On Thursday evening my father in law Terry picked me up from the airport and drove me to Visalia. We all did as every normal person should do on a Thursday night and watched The Office.

Friday I hung out with Kris. We went shopping, went out to lunch, and researched stuff for New York which is NEXT WEEK!!! When Allie and Aubrey came home from school, Kaleene and Danell (Adam's cousins) Peggy, (Adam's Grandma) and some of the girl cousins and kids went out to dinner and a movie. We saw Duplicity and it was pretty good, I would recommend it. Kris asked Kaleene's son Nicholas (turned three this month) what he thought was in my tummy. Keeping in mind he has an 8 month old brother and should probably know what grows in tummys, his reply was "umm...full?" We told him it was a baby girl and he gave her a kiss and a hug :)

Saturday we had morning appointments for mani's and pedi's. Kris, Peggy, Allie, Aubrey and I went for some pampering. Peggy was hillarious as she told her pedicurist that she usually tends to her feet by soaking them in Windex or Pinesol. She was cracking us up. Then we went out to lunch and Peggy gave us a tutorial on a new pilot program for church memebers only used for geneology. It was VERY interesting and I need to get my membership records so I can start my family tree. I learned a lot. After that we all got into PJs and watched "The Secret Life of Bees" which was also an awesome movie.

I miss my Adam but there are always perks to visiting the Turney's such as Terry's homemade Pistacio ice cream and Kris' Caramel Corn mmm. It's also great to have lots of girl time! Allie felt the baby move last night which means she's peron number three (one and two being me then Adam) I could tell when she felt her move because she was moving inside and Allie couldn't feel her then suddenly there was a big kick (apparently Aunt Allie was pushing too hard and she gave a big kick) both of us jumped a bit.

Tonight we are watching Pride and Predjudice and tomorrow is more shopping and then flying home. I'm grateful for good relationships with my in laws and for their love and acceptance towards me!

2 comments:

Margie said...

It sounds like a lot of fun. I have been wanting to see The Secret Life of Bee's. I really liked the book. I'm really excited for you to go to New York too.

Bea said...

Girl times are always fun. and how awesome is that that your MIL treats you to some.