Thursday, March 12, 2009

Desire of my Heart

I remember four years ago while I was dating Adam...among others...and he was trying to steal my heart. Whatever the other guy did, Adam would do twice as good. The other guy had an unfair advantage as he was a missionary and could only write me letters once a week so what did Adam do? For a time he wrote me at least once a week, even once a day when he could find the time. In one such letter he declared that I was the desire of his heart and that he knew he wanted me to be his companion eternally.

That phrase has stuck with me and I would like to share something dear to me that has become the true desire of my heart, next to my love.

For 19 weeks I have been longing with the deepest parts of my soul to be able to hold in my hands, to smell, to taste a tuna sandwich. Living the word of wisdom for the past 23 years has benefited my body and soul. On top of this, I now live by another code and that is the code of the pregnant woman. Certain foods and activities have been restricted from my diet, ironically some of these foods and activities happen to be my favorites such as Hot Tubs, Rides at Disneyland, Sleep, and Seafood.

Because of this restriction I have been without my tuna sandwiches. By the way the love of my life makes the BEST tuna mixture containing the perfect amounts of tuna, mayo, chopped up pick es, and garlic salt. Slap that mixture between two slices of wheat bread, include two thick slices of mild Cheddar cheese and an optional lettuce melt optional (without the lettuce) perhaps some tomatoes. I'm making myself cry right now...

So the first thing I'm going to do after I come home from the hospital, once I get my baby down for a nap...is enjoy a big fat tuna sandwich. Also I'm going to Disneyland.

5 comments:

Bea said...

MANY years ago I went as a chaperone with the school kids to the State Fair. My friend Kathleen went also, she volunteered because they promised us a sack lunch and she was sick of tuna . Guess what kind of a sandwich we were given You guessed it. We laugh about that to this day. and I guarantee is was not a masterpiece like Adam makes. His sounds so good. Perhaps he will make me one someday. :o)

Margie said...

Will Adam make me one too. It sounds good to me. I love to learn new tips on tuna!!

Even though I grew up on tuna sandwiches, I have a specific memory of eating a tuna sandwich in Israel and I have LOVED them ever since. Matt C. told me I make a pretty good tuna sandwich. I want to try Adam's too.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

I'm sorry you can't have tuna right now. That's brutal not to be able to eat a favorite food. Maybe you should not wait till you get home after the baby. Maybe you should pre-arrange that your first meal at the hospital is a tuna sandwich.

Melinda said...

It's crazy how fast things change in diet recommendations-it was only 5 years ago that I was pregnant and it was ok to eat tuna in moderation as long as it was the 'light' version canned in water, I believe? I personally have never liked tuna, but I read all the information I was given at the time-you know how that goes! The last comment was definitely a good one, along with "going home outfit for me and baby" the packing list should include tupperware of Adam's tuna mixture (in a mini cooler, of course) and some bread, so it can be ready to go as soon as you are!!

Stephanie said...

Oh you make me laugh! I know what you mean. I had a hard time with some of the foods I was not suppose to eat and then some of the foods that I just couldn't keep down. It would frustrate me to no end because I felt like if I was told I couldn't eat it then that is the one thing that I would want to eat.