Friday, March 20, 2009

For Mr. Turney

I love to write and sometimes late at night I'll get the urge to grab a pen and start scrawling. Last night I was watching one of my favorite moves: Pride and Prejudice. The moment Mr. Darcy sets foot on screen I can't help the flutter of my heart. A few hours later I received a phone call and the caller I.D. reveled it was Adam. Again my heart fluttered. Now that doesn't happen on a daily basis; however, it is a rare day that Mr. Turney doesn't sweep me off my feet. This moment caused my hand to twitch and I wrote this little poem for Adam.

Though handsome I could never fancy Mr. Darcy for my own
A thrilling conquest to be sure but one my heart will never know

I may dream the words spoke once by Romeo were meant for me
but these words only live on paper, only good for fantasy

And Edward Cullen I confess would have my doting affection
Except for nocturnal habits he's the epitome of perfection

Yes, my heart often beats, or skips, or flutters in anticipation
When its time to indulge a little in imagination

But there is only one to whom I give my heart completely
The one who wakes up next to me and kisses me so sweetly

He is a man of flesh and blood from which faults abound
And often I wonder why I was so lucky to be found-

And chosen by this man who loves me irrevocably

Sorry for the cheese readers :) I just love my man and I'm grateful for him and all he does for me. I think I chose him because I love to laugh...I love the way it makes me feel and he is always making me laugh- even when I am angry at him.

A few weeks ago he was teasing me for obsessing over the pictures of the ultrasound. I kept saying over and over "look at her tiny feet, they are so small...how small do you think they are." To which my silly husband replied "perhaps the size of an ant's or maybe smaller." What a goof :)

No comments: