Friday, December 12, 2008

What in the World

Ok so I am catching up on this week: Wednesday morning I walked outside and what did I see?

Five to Seven police cars parked in my driveway. Ummmm....

I was taking out the trash in the morning and these police officers were staring at me. I just looked at them and sort of smiled like "ok whats going on guys." The police officer closest to me asked "is this your first time out today." I assured him it was... and a couple of the officers started to laugh and joke among themselves. I asked if there was a problem and this is what they told me:

"Three bad guys were breaking in to a house down the street and when they heard us coming they jumped a couple fences into your backyard and hid in your boat."

ummm....

"There are four police cars in your back yard apprehending the guys, nothing is damaged or anything but you may want to cover your boat."

Great...

So that was my police encounter for Wednesday. It was pretty incredible. I'm glad that it is over and that I didn't encounter the "bad guys" and grateful that they didn't try to hunker down in my house!

3 comments:

BobN said...

Having a hard time fitting the "There are four police cars in your back yard" and "nothing is damaged" into the same sentence.

Glad all is well.

Melissa said...

LOL I know! Luckly the way the house is set up it has a ginormous back yard with tons of garages that the landlord uses in his buisness so its meant to be driven all over :)

Brian and Carly said...

Wow Melissa that is intense! I am so glad that no one, especially you or Adam, was hurt!