Monday, December 15, 2008

IT SNOWED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I thought I should reflect on the season and seek the Christmas spirit. Perhaps I should have done this a little earlier on in the month but today especially was a brilliant day because. It. Snowed. I was so amazed and shocked and happy. As I type now it is snowing. Aparently it snows every several years in Las Vegas for about a day. It doesn't even stick to the ground but it is real and I'm thrilled. Adam's fourth graders even laughed at me because I am subbing at his school and it was my lunch time. I ran into Adams class and whispered in his ear "Adam its snowing for real!" and Adam turned to his class and said "Mrs. Turney is pretty happy that its snowing today." They teased me a bit about it. I almost started crying because I was happy. You all should know that I am more of a cold snowy person rather than a hot sweltering person. Not only that but I love seasons and I've missed out a lot on seasons since moving to Las Vegas. There are basically two seasons here- hot and luke warm.

My dad even teased me because I called him and I was so excited I didn't wait to get my words organized and I told him "Dad it snowed and its real snow like big fluffy snows!" He thinks I've been away from Utah too long that I don't know that they are called "flakes"

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: