Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lesley's Christmas Party

I cannot put into words how excited I am for this years Christmas Party. In 2006 I missed it for the first time in my entire life and when I say entire life I mean since I was two months old. I was so so so sad and couldn't believe it. Even though I was honeymooning in Mexico in 80 degree weather I couldn't reconcile the fact that I was NOT at the party. Last year was my first Christmas away from home (spent with the In-Laws) and so again I missed it. Next year I will most likely miss it...unless I decide to come up to Utah for a few days before heading to California...but THIS YEAR I WILL BE THERE!

Christmas usually doesn't start for me until the night of the party. This party is the best party in the whole world. In fact I have a request this year may we all please get in a circle and try to sing "All love Together?" I think it will sound a lot like wrong song and it may take the whole party but we can do it I'm sure! If not there we should try on Christmas day. We did it while we were up for the weekend but Adam said he "didn't know the words" which was funny because there are only three plus the names.

I will be very mad if I get out of the whistle game too soon. I'm anticipating a great song from Uncle David. I am dying for aunt Lilian's sugar cookies (especially the green ones) and I have a thing or two to tell Santa because he hasn't visited me once since I got married?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So I'm counting down the days until the party...less than two weeks now!

4 comments:

Lilian said...

Awww.... Sugar cookies! Tis the season I suppose. Thus far I have not received the assignment of bringing cookies. I will make some during the holiday I'm sure, so if you want some, you may have to VISIT MY HOUSE!

Margie said...

I am so glad you will be here too.

Lesley said...

Wow Melissa! What a GREAT post! I can only think of one thing to say....it's just a pleasure being nominated.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

I'm jealous. We'll miss the party. Again. For the umpteenth year. But it still is the best family party in the world. So enjoy!

Melissa, did you ever see the video your uncle made for Auntie Lesley's 20th party anniversary a few years back? I just thought I'd mention in case you haven't. There were several shots of you in the party through the years. Let me know if you haven't. I'll get uncle Alan to dub you off a copy.