Monday, December 1, 2008

Really Long Post...Don't bother with it...I just want to save it From Bebo

Isn't that how all Faerie Tales begin? Well this is the story about MY faerie tale that began not so long ago in a place very near, Rexburg Idaho.It was the begining my second year at BYU-Idaho, not too anxious to start all over again with my boyfriend Drew on a mission in New York and my favorite roomate Alicia getting married and leaving me behind but I was anxious to get out of my house and away from my family which represented the lack of freedom I had come to love in Rexburg. I wasn't up here a week when I already had to miss my first classes to attend my cousin Jeremy's wedding in Salt lake. I had talked to all my teachers and they were understanding and I talked to my roomate Catherine who promised to save me a seat in Bio Lab. The wedding was beautiful and romantic but by the end of the week I had to again return to school.The day was May 10th. I made my way at 8 in the morning to my first class- bio lab which I was not worried about having a promised seat next to a friend...well, turns out she didn't have as much controle over it as we thought...or she didn't want to be in my group. Whatever the reason I was without a group so Brother Zenger assigned me to a group of two boys. Ben Decker and Adam Turney. As I walked toward my new group I got really excited (though I didn't show it on my face) as I was assigned to the hottest guy in the whole class (possibly the WORLD) before I even sat down the flirting began. I found out Adam was an El. Ed major (so cute) and served his mission in Australia he told me he was 24 (his first lie) but was actually 23. An imediate connection happend when I told him my 20th birthday was 5 months away exactly, his 24th birthday was 5 months and one week exactly. We mentioned that we should have a party and celibrate together (keep reading to find out...) After our lab, the three of us were quite hungry so we went to Wendy's (which was of course ladies choice) and had quite a few laughs. From Adam's blog you can read "class is something to look forward to for each of us since we all seem to get along so well. I am sure you are wondering if Adam thinks she is cute...okay, I will admit that I do, but I am trying to not jump to any conclusions and just enjoy the ladies before attempting to entertain any future ideas."That week the boys were over at my house, each of them took turns hitting on me because...well you've seen my pictures We were all playing around when suddenly my phone rang. Yep it was adam, across the couch what a dork. he'd found my number on the message board at my apartment and thought it was funny to call me...Jump ahead to may 14th. A phone call to my cell, its adam asking "me" if I want to go out to the sand dunes with some of his friends for a fire and roasting stuff. To be honest I didn't really want to go. I would have rather stayed home and thought about my missionary who I missed so much but I said let me check and see if my roomates have anything going on...they didn't so I reluctantly called him back and he said he'd pick "me" up soon. I waited and waited and WAITED! ok it was only like 15 minutes but I was still waiting. Then he called me back and the phone call went something like this:Adam: Hi...this is Adam Turney...Melissa: Yeah I knowAdam: Did I just call youMelissa: yeah...Adam: Who is this!?!Melissa: Melissa Marsden Adam:Melissa: Your lab Partner Adam: OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH ok I'll be right there...Adam thought that he had called a girl named Katie who he'd been semi dating for a week or two when in fact he accidentally called me. We went on one of the best dates either of us had ever gone on. going to a place called "the crack" we lit a big bonfire and spent the night getting to know trivia about each other such as I'd kissed 5 boys he'd kissed 3 girls...he came home 10 days early from his mission because he had cancer...I had a missionary...etc. the whole night was a blast. Later on we went off roading in a brand new ford F-150 and someone fell out of the bed of the truck. This was when I got to really see Adam's true colors meaning, he waited until after she wasn't dead to laugh. it was pretty dramatic but he thought it was one of the funniest things ever. I was terrified, shaking all the way back to the apartment. We got to the apartment and hugged goodnight. Then we just held on. We started dancing and talking and spent an extra two hours outside my apartment just laughing and playing.This was only the beginning of beginning. Class was very fun that week then Friday I went over to his apartment for reasons that I now forget (and you'll see why in a minute) I spent a few hours over there and even missed a class (I think it was biology) We were flirting and teasing as always and then suddenly (oh so suddenly) we were kissing. SO RANDOM! So we became kissing buddies kissing whenever we felt like getting a quick fix, I know its not that romantic or moral but dang was it fun! He continued to date katie for a few more weeks and I continued to just be in love with my Drew until one week things started changing. It was after memorial day, we could both feel the sparks flying but we had such a perfect friendship and the kissing was bliss that we didn't want anything to change, but as if it was beyond our control things were changing. We were falling hard for each other. One night he surprised me at work and took me home. We spent hours in the car talking and getting to know each other. It was wonderful. I felt myself starting to let myself fall for him instead of resisting the inevitable. I guess we could have just avoided each other but even that was impossible as we longed for each other while we were away. One night he even came to see me after being on a date with another girl because I could offer him the kind of hug he'd been missing.

Ok So where I left off we were just falling in love... (I know this is a long story but it's the best one you'll ever hear so feel lucky)Adam and I were very comfortable just being friends but then he asked me a question: "melissa, you know you don't have to kiss me to be my friend right?" I know, was my reply. "Then why do you do it," he asked...after a long deliberation I did something that could have change the course of our relationship. I texted him and told him that I knew why I kissed him. He called me back and asked why. By this time it was 2 in the morning. I told him it was because I was beginning to fall for him. After expressing my true feelings, he went into this whole speech about how he doesn't get involved with friends because those kind of relationships ruin friendships and I thought that's just great I just drove away my best friend... and went to sleep humiliated and crushed. I saw him the next day at church in a random moment and I was told that the moment he saw me he thought "I will have her" seeing him wasn't weird at all so I was happy. That day because of the silly mood I was in, I sent him a random text simply saying "yes" because of a brad paisley song we always listened to...instead of replying wow like I had expected him to because of the song (she said yes I said wow she said when I said how about right now)he replied what? I explained about the song and he said "oh I was hoping that you were reading my mind and answering the question I've been wondering all day, now I have to wait to ask it since I have lost my courage. Completely confused I prodded and pushed but to no avail... he wouldn't ask the question. That night Adam came over and I asked if I wanted to take a walk with him. We were walking through the gardens of BYU-Idaho and it was a lovely night. We both had jackets on because it was raining but I didn't mind. It was a very serious night, the night that I realized he felt the same way that I did, that we were on our way to starting something beautiful. Sitting on a bench in the gardens he took my hand and we sat there for the first time, hand in hand. Amazed at the wonderful feelings we were experiencing. It wasn't a big deal to kiss for some odd reason. Perhaps it was because we were two lonely people looking for a friend and we found that friend and happened to kiss them. Holding his hand was wonderful. If you've seen Mary Poppins you will recall the part where they hold hands and leap into the sidewalk chalk. I felt that by holding hands that we were leaping into a great adventure that would change our lives. There was still my missionary but I couldn't deny the strong feelings I had for my friend. I couldn't deny the happy excited feeling I got when I was around him and I never wanted to be around him simply for the kissing. It was the amazing communication that we had because we were able to start off as friends so we could feel comfortable enough to be absolutely honest- no masks.Days later (2) Adam and I were at devotional. It was the first given by president Clark so it was exciting and adam was excited that there was a real person who was to be our president. I wasn't too excited for that day because he was flying to California to go to his brother's graduation and would leave me alone for 24 hours...I know I am pathetic you don't have to tell me. while sitting in the devotional...RIGHT BEFORE THE CLOSING PRAYER asked me "do you want to know the question now" I said YES! and he said "Will you be my Girlfriend" and I said yeah! So then right after that he took off to california and I didn't talk to him...romantic I know...He came back the next day tired and sick. By that wednessday we hadn't kissed in nearly a week...I guess it was because we were nervous or something because now our relationship could change. I did however kiss him on thursday and by friday morning my throat was soar. Too bad because this was the weekend when his brother Addison came to EFY and my friend Jessica came to hang out for the weekend. We also had a date coming up on Saturday so I didn't want to be too sick, well turns out I was so sick I could hardly enjoy anything. we went to Big Judds with adam as my date and addison as jessicas. adam and I could only finish half the hamburger! After we went to a grave yard and hung out. when they took us home, Addison and Jessica went to the car and made out and we went to our car and talked because I was sick. I knew he was falling in love with me at that point but I didn't know exactly how to handle it. I hate to bring up Drew again but he was a HUGE factor as I was going to marry him when he came home but things don't happen like you plan I guess...The next weekend was really great because we were going home to Utah to surprise my parents and I would also meet his parents because they were vacationing in park city.

2 comments:

Brian and Carly said...

That had better not be the end!

BobN said...

Yeah, where's the end?? You hooked me.