Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Quiz- From Darci's Blog

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping Paper for SURE! I love the look of a beautiful box tied up with a bow and gift bags are always awkward because there are those people who pack them and then if you reach in and there is nothing there you feel greedy :)

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real! I always loved going out into the snow (at walmart, smith etc) and walking through the trees as if you were in a mini Forrest with my family trying to find the perfect tree. Picking the tree always ushered in the Christmas season. Now that I'm married I can appreciate the work my parents put into picking out the tree because I prefer to decorate with an artificial tree (which we will buy after Christmas so it is nice and inexpensive). That's right, we don't have a Christmas tree, because we always spend it away from home.

3. When do you put up the tree?
If I had one, I'd put it up the day after Thanksgiving so I could enjoy it while I can.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Last year when we had one I took it down before traveling for Christmas. Seeing the tree after Christmas makes me depressed so I like all decorations down ASAP.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE eggnog. It is a beautiful holiday drink but I haven't had any this year and I think I'll pass until next year.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I'm going to go with Darci on this one and say my American girl doll. I got Kirstin when I was ten and I loved her. Another great gift was the Harry Potter Hardcover set from Adam last year. I was so so happy! My mom always made us scrapbooks and that is also something I truly treasure.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Adam hands down...cause he always just buys what he wants all year long so when it comes to Christmas I am stuck with really lame stuff.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Anyone in our family- they are not shy on telling what they like.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes! I love my nativity scene. It is a hand carved wooden painted scene from Russia with lots of neat colors and expressions. I love it so much and I wish I'd bought more for it! I also want the Willow Tree set eventually because it is so beautiful. My mom has hers from Israel so maybe I'll inherit that one day. I love that one because it comes from the land where the Savior was born so it was pretty special.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
It depends. I love how my mom does it. She basically expresses her love in them rather than talk about herself or what the family is up to. I don't really think e-mail counts. Adam and I are yet to send out Christmas cards. Maybe next year...

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I've yet to meet a present I didn't love! I'm so easily pleased I guess :)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Carol. My Dad and I always read the book then watch the movie together. I also love the movies we'd watch all December as a family such as Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph, The Grinch (Cartoon), and Home Alone. Elf is a new favorite.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I like to start in about October and finish by Thanksgiving but it didn't happen this year with our busy school schedule.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Nope.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Oh man, each Christmas Eve my mom who is the BEST COOK EVER makes our favorites: Steak, 48 hour marinade Chicken, Crab, Chocolate fondue, etc. It is the best meal of the year.

16. Lights on the tree?
Yep. Lots of clear lights. I also like pearls stringing the tree.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel Home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donnor, Blitzen, Rudolph, and Olive the other reindeer.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Ummm I like both really. Grew up with an Angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Special Books and Pjs on Christmas Eve and Everything else in the morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
People begging for charities. Sorry that sounds mean but I don't like that. I'd rather do a service project for charity rather than begging on the street.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Red, I love the traditional red and green color scheme. I don't like ornament themes though, too trendy.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Already talked about it

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
New Scriptures, Books.

1 comment:

Margie said...

It was so fun to read about your Christmas thoughts. It brought back so many memories, and makes me excited to create more Christmas memories. We are getting REALLY excited to have you come for CHRISTMAS. Oh, and BTW...
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 4.0 this semester. I am proud of you!!