Thursday, August 7, 2008

Two Tags From My Aunties :)

The first one is from my Aunt Leslie:

TAG#1 FROM Lesley
scattegories...{it's harder than it looks}
use the first letter of your name to answer the following. they have to be real places, things, names...nothing made up! try to use different answers if the person who tagged you had the same first initial. you can't use your name for the boy/girl name question.

What is your name? Melissa
4 letter word: Move
Vehicle: Motor Boat (motor boat...why so slow motor boat motor boat GO GO GO)
tv show: Matlock (that's for you Grandma
City: MOSCOW!
Boy name: Mohinder...yeah that was a good one...
Girl name: MINDY!
Occupation: Maintenance
Something you wear: Makeup
Food: Mango
Something found in a bathroom: Menstruation lol
Reason for being late: Moping around
Something you shout: "Mom MOOOOM!"

Tag #2 I WON SOMETHING FROM MARIVIC
(Although its just a pleasure being Nominated)

The SMILE AWARD!!!

Now for the tricky part. This award came with rules (Ha! How ironic that Miss-Think-Out-of- The-Box got the award and now have to follow the rules):

1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator. My Auntie Vic Vic who is the sweetest grumpy angle: (http://www.grumpyangel.blogspot.com/)

2. You must post these rules if you receive the award. CHECK

3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.

4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere. Awesome! I more than qualify...because I am amazing. Ask my Grandma

5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient. (Easy enough.)

6. You must create a post sharing your win with others. (Check!)

7. You must thank your giver. Thanks for giving this to me Auntie Vic Vic!

Characteristics for the Smile Award:1. Must display a cheerful attitude (Unfortunately this is part of my job description as Lobby Manager at Wells Fargo.
2. Must love one another. I love a lot of people, and I like a lot of people, and I tolerate a few people...and when I can't stand someone I just walk away before I commit homicide
3. Must make mistakes. (Oh, yes! I make lots of mistakes. Every day!)
4. Must learn from others. (The only way to become better at anything I think.)
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world. This is post #51! Go me!
6. Must love life. (I do!)
7. Must love kids. (Most of the time!)

Ok so the five people I chose are...

1) My mom, cause she is always happy about something weather it be the symphony bar she just ate, the trip she just took, the funny kid she just substituted, or the drunk man on the street of Las Vegas she preached the gospel to and then proceeded to invite to our church that Sunday...there is always something that she is smiling at!

2) Bree, who is always trying new things and striving to find out what she wants- she is way too creative for her own good- and she has always had a beautiful smile on her face, even when she hurts.

3) Joy- First of all, your name is JOY so that is something to smile about, plus your baby is growing bigger every day and soon you will know if he/she is a he or she!

4) Grandma- because she always makes me laugh about something, intentional or not. And because she has found joy in her life for the last...uh oh, I don't remember...I think her 69th birthday is coming up this month? Anyway, well just say she has found joy in her life for at least 52 years cause that's how many years she's been married to my grandpa

5) Lesley- Because the other day I was driving though town when I came upon a school bus yard which had a fresh fallen show upon the roof...and it made me smile!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Melissa your comment about the school buses made me LOL (it's fun to LOL when nobody is around) thanks for the award I'll get working on it right away.

Bea said...

Thanx Melissa, VicVic also tagged me on this one and so far I have ignored it. Not because I don't want to do it, I just don't know how to transfer it from you to me :o) Lesley tried to help and I haven't gotten any further. One thing I would like is to know more of texting abbreviations. I know LOL, and BTW and I could probably understand a few more if anyone would like to share. Thank you for my "age" I will settle for that. But if I have been married to Granpa for 52 years I was older than 17 not much! but older :o)

Lilian said...

LOL at the new fallen snow comment!!!

Margie said...

Thanks for the award!! I can't help but be happy because you are my daughter. I forgot to tell you that when we were in the subway, I fell into a guy when I was standing up and the subway took off. It sent me into one of those laughing fits I get when I laugh so hard I start to cry and can't talk. It was so funny. I will have to have you explain to me what I am supposed to do with the award. I am so proud of how computer savy Grandma is!!

Bree Johnson said...

im crying seriously i love you!