Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Calling!

I was so excited today to be called as a Beehive Advisor in the Young Women! I can't tell you how happy I am to be working with these awesome girls. It's kind of fun, because Adam teaches them Sunday School and now I'm their advisor...

Some of you may be thinking, what happened I thought you and Adam were the Activities Chair and Committee all in one? Well it appears that Heavenly Father was looking out for us, with our busy schedule we couldn't ever seem to find time to plan and orchestrate entire events for our entire ward by ourselves (with of course the help of our bishops AWESOME wife). We were in charge for a total of two and a half loathsome activities which were the cause of much strife.

Anyway, I am thrilled to be working in the Young Women's Program! The Bishop did warn us that everyone who is called to the Young Women end up pregnant lol so we'll have to see about that :)

7 comments:

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Congratulations, Melissa!!! Those girls are so blessed to have you as an advisor. You are truly an amazing "younger" woman and will be just a tremendous example to those girls, just like you are to your sister and younger girl cousins.

Lesley said...

This is exciting Melissa. Did you know I'm 2nd counselor in YW's (over the Beehives)? I have one concern, when you're Bishop said that everyone that gets called into YW's gets pregnant, he did mean only in your ward, right?

Lilian said...

Maybe that's why I was released from Beehive advisor? NO WAY am I going to get pregnant!

You will love your calling Melissa! I miss being with the YW so much!

Melissa said...

If you two get pregnant...I'm just not going to picture that, my aunts don't do anything that would lead to that thank goodness...lol neither do my grandparents or parents so that must be why people stop having babies right? lol

Joy Salmon said...

lol- congrats melissa! That would be such a fun calling... and I wouldn't be complaining if you got pregnant- than our kiddies would only be like 5 months apart... :)

Ashlee said...

Congrats on the calling. I just got a new calling. Here in Chicago. Where I moved. To work. For Sears. Because I can.

You'll be the best Beehive advisor ever. I wish you had been mine!

Margie said...

You will do such a great job!! I'm really excited for you. I love being with the Beehives. They are so full of enthusiasm and love. Wouldn't that be wild if you, Lesley and I got pregnant at the same time??? Let's hope it only happens in your ward.