Sunday, August 17, 2008

California Weekend


Thursday morning we got up and got ready for our trip to California for David and Tera's wedding. I was so happy to get our house really really cleaned scrubbing and organizing and fixing and all that good stuff...nobody can clean like me, except maybe my mom, but I'm so detail organized and it takes me three times as long to do anything because I like to clean with different layers of different products lol. So I had plenty of time to do that, the drive to Visalia is about six hours but we were picking my MIL up from the airport so we couldn't leave until about 1:30 pm. We spend a couple hours chillen with my in laws. My brother in law Avery is so big and his voice is changing! Its weird to see after three and a half years of little Aves. Addison had quite the adventure last week which should be saved for another post lol...

That morning we quickly awoke and got ready for San Fransisco! It was a 3.5 hour drive from Visalia so we were there a little after noon. We began the day by going off to Fisherman's Warf. It was a beautiful experience to step out into beautiful fresh air where you can breath and feel weather on your skin. It was about 70 degree's. People don't realize the blessing of four seasons. In Vegas you are just too hot to feel anything else but the scalding on your skin and it is difficult to breath. We went to a place called Chowders where I had a sourdough bowl of clam chowder and Adam had some Fish & Chips. We walked along the street for a while playing a little in the museum of mechanics and chatting with some street performers. This aluminum man started talking to Adam saying "Hey good goen man she's a babe" Adam replied "I know I'm going to keep her" and he said "good luck with that, I hope she's not high maintenance." Lol he has no idea how little it takes to maintain my happiness lol...We drove around trying to find China town to no avail but we did find this cool street market with these neat sculptures in the park. Next we headed over to the Golden Gait Bridge and made lots of jokes about Full house :) It was a good opportunity to just be together as we were stuck in traffic for about a half hour. The fog had rolled in and completely covered the bridge on one side, we felt like we were going into King Kong land as we ventured into the foggy haze. After a full day in San Fran, we decided to go back to our hotel which was really nice and we had a 50 dollar off coupon from David and Tera, so we had a good nights sleep and got to swim in the hot tub.
The next morning was the wedding. Worried about my contacts, I put them in a cup of water to sort of polarize the chlorine right after i got out of the shower. I left the room and came back two minutes later to discover that my dear husband had flushed my contacts down the drain...I was mad to say the least and it put a damper on the day, I won't lie about that. Adam was pretty rude about it at first being very defensive and after he softened up and truly apologized I softened up too, although i was not happy about it. The wedding was beautiful and the Oakland Temple was beautiful as well. Tera and David deserve some happiness and I hope they find it with each other. David's daughters looked so beautiful as well, though they didn't remember Adam and I at all. Too bad. That didn't stop them from playing and being affectionate with us. I couldn't imagine marrying into four daughters! Anyway, They are off to Germany now for their honeymoon and then by October they plan to move to the San Jose area where they can try to gain custody of David's girls.



All in all it was a fun trip!

2 comments:

Margie said...

I'm glad you two had such a fun weekend. I am also glad you are back home...safe and sound. We loved San Fran when we went with Alan & Marivic, Tara & AJ. I'm glad you got your purse and that you like it. Dad and Sean are packing their bags as I write. I'm so excited for them. It makes me think of our fun time together.

Joy Salmon said...

so fun!!! hey did you get bangs??? your hair is adorable in the pictures!