Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ummm...about that last post...

I've had some indications that my body might be starting to get ready to have this baby. Today I had a doctors appointment, just a check up, and I told the Dr. my concerns. He seemed to think they were pretty normal and just told me to take it easy, shook my hand, and then started to leave. Then he turned around again.

"Do you want me to check you to see if you are dialating?"

It was one of those weird moments where I could feel that he'd been inspired by the spirit. That is exactly what I'd wanted him to do but I didn't want to feel stupid and I felt like it wasn't a big deal so I didn't ask. In that moment though I knew that as he was leaving he'd gotten the impression that I needed to be checked.

Sure enough, I'm dialating. In fact, there was enough progression, that he felt it was important we do a swab test that will be able to tell if I'm at risk of delivery in the next two weeks with an 80 percent accuracy. If the test is positive, I'll start on steroid shots to help develop the baby's lungs so that she will be healthy enough for delivery.

Not news I wanted to hear...but I feel pretty calm. Luckily we are having the missionaries over tonight for dinner so I'll ask for a blessing and I'm asking for prayers that Paige will sit tight for at least the next 6 weeks. Adam has two weeks (and one day) of summer school left so I hope that I can learn to pace myself and be still for the next two weeks, and hope that Hannah learns real quick that she can't be depending on me so much.

Like I said, I have a calm feeling. It's good to know and to be aware of my limitations. So Paige, although I can't wait to meet you, I'm doing everything I can to keep you safe for the next 6 weeks until you can come home with Mommy.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

Hey, Melissa, We just had a great visit with your Mom and Dad (we love those Marsden visits!!) They were telling us this news...somehow I missed the update on your blog...so I wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you and praying that things will go well for you and baby Paige. We know you are good to follow the doctor's advice about taking it easy, but know it must be difficult with Hannah wanting to go and do all the things she is used to doing with you. Hang in there knowing many prayers being offered for your health and well being.

Love you!!! Georgia