Sunday, January 25, 2009

What makes me Happy Pt. 1

I have been thinking about all the things that make me happy and decided to do a two part series on things that make me happy. The first one are things that make me happy superficially, or temporally, the second will be the thing that creates, or generates happiness in my life. So here we go, things that make me happy:

1) The quilt my Granma made me when I went to college

2) The Office

3) Blogging

4) Writing in General

5) Getting Compliments

6) Sitting by a friend in class and laughing with them about random things

7) Brother Hanson (my Institute teacher)

8) When Adam and I talk like we are rich people and we can afford anything in front of people (ex. When we were charged 15 dollars to take our luggage on the plane to Utah and I said "Oh its only 15 dollars and people are treating it like its a hundred, I only wish it were one hundred cause then I can take a load off my wallet." OR "The house is only 4.5 million dollars, I don't think we want our kids growing up in such a shabby, poor area of town."

9) That moment when you know your body is done throwing up...I know that is gross but I have found much joy in those moments the last three months :)

10) Watching kids settle a score with Rock Paper Scissors.

11) Clean sheets on my comfy cozy bed

12) Cleaning/Organizing my house

13) Being able to do Christmas shopping from the Internet because I hate hate hate shopping

14) Smoothies

15) Being able to Drive Adam to work every day

16) When Adam thinks I'm asleep and he kisses me and snuggles into me

17) When I am asleep and Adam kisses with me and snuggles with me and so doing wakes me up

18) Waking up to breakfast every morning because Adam is trying to take care of my morning sickness

19) Coming up with AWESOME baby names as we drive down the street like Maverick, Smith, Wally, Johanna, and my personal fave Crazy Horse.

20) Trips to Utah and California every couple of months to see family

21) Hanging out with Sean and Megan on one of our beds

22) Movie nights with my young women

23) Finding retro toys from my childhood like cupcake girls, quints, puppy surprise, etc

24) Disney Movies

25) Working out to awesome music

26) Making fun of my Dads use of words with my sibs (and my mom enjoys it too)

27) My moms attempt at accents

28) Lesley's Christmas Party

29) Uncle David's Song

30) My Sweet Lady

31) Smokey/Lizzy the Cats

32) The Cabin

33) Getting Packages in the mail

34) My box of love letters from Adam

2 comments:

Lesley said...

#28 what can I say...It's just a pleasure being nominated ;)

Margie said...

Another great list of things. You are so cute. I love how you focus on the positive. I posted a comment to Lilian about when you took you to Lagoon as a little girl and we didn't have a pass, just the few rides that you get on Stake Lagoon day and dad was so worried about you having fun, and you said "I'm just having fun watching other people have fun". That shows what a great attitude you have. I have always remembered that and it is one of your Aunt Karen's favorite quotes.

Check out Marivic's quote on the top of her blog. I love it. You have a great character.