Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Brother is an Elder

Last night my little brother was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was an extremley wonderful, emotional experience to be with him this weekend and watch him speak and act like a man. I am so proud of his decision to go on a mission and I am so happy the goodbyes are over with!

President Keller commented that the reaction of Sean's sisters said a lot about what kind of brother he was. Its so true. Sean is an amazing brother, very loving and kind to us both. I was impressed because my Mom held up better than Dad, Megan and I.

It was a fantastic weekend and I'm grateful we now have a missionary!






4 comments:

Margie said...

Thanks so much for all you and Adam did for Sean these past few days. I know how grateful he is for such a wonderful sister and brother-in-law. I'm so glad that Adam was able to share so much advice to Sean...even though I was so hyper and seemed to put my trust too much on Brad :). I'm excited to hear what Sean had to say about the book you made for him. Will he know it is from you?? Did you say that in your letter?? Thanks for everything. It was a sweet time, full of many memories.

Bea said...

I liked the bottom picture. The two girls that will always be faithful to him :o)and a tender picture of your Mom putting on his missionary badge.

Shambray said...

How awesome is that! It has to make you proud to have a brother that can even go on a mission let alone choose to go. That is awesome news!

Christine said...

Melissa

It was wonderful to finally meet you and Adam. We have heard so much about you. Carly sure loves all of you.
I was wonder if it would be possible to be invited to view Elder Marsden's blog. If so here is my email address
christine_hirst@yahoo.com

Good luck with school and life and your pregnancy. Hope to see you again

Christine Hirst (Carly's mom)