Wednesday, January 14, 2009

W-O-W

So this semester is going to be insane! Although I feel that the work load is manageable (I've gone to all my classes at this point and feel fine about them) the physical toll it will take on me will be interesting. Lots of moving around lots of driving. It is 100 percent better that we only have one car, but the problem is...I am stuck driving back and forth all the time! Mondays I drive Adam to work and stay with him as my first class occurs at his school. I'm in my first practicum out of two which means I spend six hours a week at a school, observe, and teach two lessons. The awesome part is that I get to hang out with Adam and eat lunch with him every Monday and Wednesday :) Then I drive back home for a few hours, then I go to school at UNLV, then I drive back up to Adam's school to pick him up from work, then we drive home. I repeat this Wednesday as well.

On Tuesday Adam and I have to stretch our smiles real wide and try to stay positive. Adam decided he's going to graduate with his second masters degree in December 2009 along with me. This will be awesome and in the long run it will save us a lot of grief, however, right now Adam has to deal with a lot of stress and working hard. He now has 15 credits which is virtually unheard of for a masters degree and is working full time. He had to get special permission to enter into his Tuesday class and since he is maintaining a 3.95 they let him do it. So on Tuesday I wake up and drive the seven miles to Adams school, then I drive back, then I Drive to UNLV. I have three classes from 10-2:30. Then I drive back to Adam's school and pick him up, then we drive back to UNLV, then I wait for him for three hours while he does his class...then Adam waits for me for three hours while I go to class from 7:00 to 10:00. Then I drive home and crash. Adam doesn't believe that being pregnant makes you tired. He things I'm just tired for no reason lol. I really can't complain because its such a blessing he got into that class and that we are both going to be DONE by December.

I almost want to keep pushing and just get into a masters program next fall but the reality is, I'd be burned out. I think I'm going to wait until we end up in Utah and I can get my Masters from a school in Utah. AHHHH I can't even think about that right now...

3 comments:

Joy Salmon said...

hang in there! you guys are doing great! this too shall pass...let us know if you guys need any help

Margie said...

I'm so glad you wrote out your schedule so that I can keep better track. I'm so glad Adam got into his class and will be able to finish by December too. That is awesome. I'm proud of both of you working so hard, and it will be well worth it. I have always been grateful that I graduated with a bachelors degree. No one can ever take that from you, and education/knowledge stays with you. Besides, even though it is hard and busy now, it is easier to do when now when the baby still inside. You will know what I mean in August :).

BobN said...

Random thought, is there any mass transit that would help at all, even just to make Tuesdays more tolerable? Or would that just be worse?