Friday, January 9, 2009

New Ultrasound

Wow my baby is actually starting to look like a...living thing. I had another ultrasound today which unfortunately Adam couldn't be at. The baby was all curled up inside looking like a little peanut with a little arm lying across its forehead. Dr. H said he was saluting me for all the nausea. He assured me that everything was growing properly and that little bumpy still has a strong heartbeat.

Caitlin and I spent about thirty minutes trying to find a cute name-mainly boy because most of the pregnant women I know are having or have had boys and Adam thinks its a boys. Names I've absolutely ruled out include: Magnus, Superman, Adolf, and Glen Learner (for those of you outside Las Vegas he's an annoying TV personality- a lawyer who has a mullet). Some of the names I liked include: Landon, Joshua, Jonah, Eli and Bryce. Also The Hulk. The for short. Lets go ahead and move Jonah up to first place for today.

If its a girl I always said I love Brooklyn Elizabeth. We also love Sydney as Adam served his mission there. Sean will probably have a baby Adelaide (Adi). Recently however my brain has come to really like Elizabeth alone. Baby Lizzy or Libby. Today I liked the names Ainsley and Paisley which are pretty unique and I don't think I would ever do but in my emotional state who knows.

As I said I know many people who in 2008 had boys or found out they were having boys:

Mindy: Carson
Stephanie: Ethan
Kelsea: Ty
Breanna: Greyson and Harrison
Joy: Cyle
Becky: Baby Boy to Be
Heather: William
Danelle: Kent
Stacie: Baby Boy to Be

On Adams side of the family the Great Grandchild count will be 7 with one girl, four boys and two TBDs. On my side the Great Grandchild count will be six with four boys one girl and one TBD. So I'm surrounded by little baby boys. I even took a Chinese gender prediction test with 90 percent accuracy (yeah right hahahaha) which told me I would have a boy.

In any case...I should find out within the next seven to ten weeks which will put me around March 1st-20th ish. I'll put up a poll until then for people to guess :)

5 comments:

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Very exciting. I'm glad you're considering the name Eli. I like that name, but when it comes to naming babies, I don't think Aunts' opinions count :-)

What happened to the "Timothy Turtle Turney" countdown on the sidebar? I thought that was cute :-)

Bea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bea said...

I deleted my previous post because I failed to spell check it :o)
But what about Mortimer? or Agatha?
Just joking :o)
I am thinking girl because we need to even up the sexes. But one thing I discovered, boy or girl will still cuddle nicely in my arms :o) besides, I am knitting a pink blankie :o) but I will get a blue one underway as soon as this one is complete.

Bree Johnson said...

oohh I love your names sorry my msn cutout on me yesterday cause the battery died on the laptop- anyways I like paisley a lot soo cute! I know everyones having boys!

Stephanie said...

So, you'll find out the baby's gender sometime around the time Bree's boys and Ethan turn 1 which is also the time that Kim will find out the sex of her baby too. March will be a busy month! It would be cool on one hand if you have a boy because we all have boys then but if you have it girl I would just have to send you some cute girl things because let face it there is enough boy to go around still... :) Love you hope you are feeling alright for the most part.