Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking Forward to 2009

I'm more excited for the events of this new year more than any other year since 2006 when Adam and I got engaged. I plan on keeping the few resolutions that I've been working on for a little while and those include:

1) Graduating with my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education by December

2) Continue to try and hold my food down so that...

3) I can get really fat around the middle and then finally

4) Lose about 8 pounds of belly around August 5th

We had an ultrasound the other day. They told us the baby is progressing perfectly, about the size of a Gummy Bear :) I wish I could have captured Adams reactions on camera because he just looked so elated to see our little gummy. it now has arms and legs and we heard a beautiful heart beat which the technician told us was beating perfectly as well. She said it looked like a very healthy pregnancy which made us both happy. After a few minutes of the little wand thingy pushing on my tummy the baby woke up and we got to see it move it's little arms and legs. Adams eyes about popped out of his head!

We have many things to look forward to this year starting with Sean's mission, Our Trip to New York, Adams Graduation, The baby, and then my graduation! We feel so blessed and humbled :)

3 comments:

Melinda said...

When I went in for my first appointment when pregnant with Samantha, they couldn't find the heartbeat with just the monitor so the Dr. ordered an ultra sound and when I heard the heart beat, I remember laughing out loud because of how fast it was, like 138 beats per minute, it just sounded so funny to me. I can just imagine Adam's eyes bugging out when the baby woke up!

Stephanie said...

What an exciting year! My first appointment I was already 13 weeks so Ethan had arms legs and no longer looked like a tadpole. It was great he was bouncing all over the place and I thought it was odd in a way that I didn't feel anything because boy was the baby crazy hyper in there! I'm so excited for you Melissa!

Megan Passey said...

I didn't know you're pregnant! Congratulations!! It's so much fun when you don't feel sick anymore. Do you feel sick? anyway, that's very exciting! Congrats and happy new year!