Thursday, July 31, 2008

Holes

Although most of you know me as a graceful human being (OK that must be my imagination hoping again...) I must confess I am *sometimes* underobservent. Tuesday morning, I dressed quickly for work in a comfortable stripped Gap polo and knee length brown corduroy skirt, the same outfit I'd chosen to wear last week for work. I wear skirts much more often during the summer when I attempt to lower the likelihood of passing out and dying in the 114 degree weather.

On this day, it was a full two hours before someone asked me if I had spilled bleach on my skirt. I looked down and saw several light spots on the front of my skirt accompanied by a large hole. To my chagrin, I realized I must have spilled a spot of chemical during my Chemistry lab class...not only did I obtain these spots and a large hole exposing a spot of garments, but as I examined my skirt closer, I realized I had wiped my hand on the back of my skirt when I'd spilled chemical on my hands...yes this created FIVE MORE HOLES (one for each one of my delicate ladylike fingers) so all day I walked around looking like an orphan...go figure. Thank you Melissa

4 comments:

Bea said...

No, THANK YOU Melissa, that is the best laugh I have had today :o) At least you still have your delicate fingers which it sounds like are not as delicate as you think, if they survived chemicals. Better plan to keep an extra skirt at work, one that will go with everything. You will laugh about this forever, and ever. And the story will get better with each telling. Love you xx

Lilian said...

Bwwwwaaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Too funny!!! never mind looking like an orphan. I hope the 5 holes from your lady-like fingers on the back of your skirt were strategically placed and did not reveal too much. My friend once tucked her skirt under her panty after she used the bathroom and walked around the office for a while showing her ladyship before someone told her.

Joy Salmon said...

That is sooo freakin funny! This is why I love being around you- you always make us laugh!