Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Second Honeymoon

A few months ago after many long weeks, hours, days and other such miserable increments of time spent in school and work my wonderful husband suggested that we deserved a little time to ourselves. He researched the info and pretty soon our desperate need of escape materialized into a trip to the happiest place on earth!

Friday we got up, packed up, and got the hell out. Our check in time wasn't until four o'clock so we took our time getting to our Marriott Hotel in Fullerton, about seven miles away from Disneyland. Our first stop was of course the ugly oasis in the desert: Barstow. For some reason unknown to us we ate at In-N-Out Burger. This has to be the most insane fast food place in the world! Don't get me wrong, it is my favorite fast food place on the planet- just not that location. Next we decided that because we are hard core disney-ers we needed to get ready for our trip. We bought five comfortable pairs of shoes from the outlet stores in Barstow and just goofed around together for a few hours. It was amazing to just be us without the pressures of work and school hounding us. We headed off to our Hotel and checked in with a discount provided by Addison who works for Marriott. Our room was awesome! It's always fun for me to stay in hotels! That night we ate at a fun little family owned Mexican restaurant then headed off to see You don't Mess with the Zohan, which was pretty funny, though I enjoyed Get Smart 100x more! That night we lounged around in the spa and relaxed.

On Saturday we got up, hit McDonalds and rushed to DISNEYLAND!!! It was the perfect day for Disneyland! We headed to the Finding Nemo ride which was actually really fun! Then we were off to Space Mountain! It was the first time ever I started on the right side of the park, we broke tradition! We headed over to Indy and got fast pass tickets then rode Pirates and Haunted Mansion, two classics! I was pretty surprised how non-crowded the park was! We hardly had to wait for anything, although the fast passes had a lot to do with it. After those rides we headed to Thunder Mountain and guess who we saw... Woody. For some reason Adam has loved Toy Story since Jr. High School. Adam wanted to take a picture with Woody so we did, and Lucky he'd just shown up so we didn't really have to wait. After that we went on an adventure with Indiana Jones ( I love that ride!) and then was lunch time. We had lunch at the Blue Bayou restaurant ajacent to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Thanks to my mom who made reservations for us and payed for our meal! We had 'water side' seats and enjoyed La Monte Cristo Special. It was so fun to watch the boats float by and enjoy a romantic meal. We continued our rides for the rest of the day with Splash Mountain etc. We also watched the 50th anniversary movie and several early Micky cartoons, shopping on Main Streets etc. I love Disneyland and I love sharing it with my prince!

The next day we went to the beach and saw Iron Man and of course relaxed in the Spa. I think even though this was a simple vacation, it meant so much to me because I got to be with my best friend and leave my burdens behind. Adam is so wonderful and I really did find my perfect match. Unfortunately, Monday morning we had to go home, but I will eternally be grateful for our weekend together! It's only the happiest place on earth if you can share it with the ones that make you the happiest! Thanks for a great idea babe!

5 comments:

Margie said...

I'm so glad you were able to go to Disneyland. You have loved going there since you were a very little girl. It sounded like fun. I tried not to call on your second honeymoon, until I got too worried on Monday, and wanted to make sure you two were still alive! Tell Adam I am sorry...I just worry. (But thanks for calling me)

reagan: said...

I am glad you went there! I heart disney...so fun! I am glad you had a blast you deserve it!

reagan: said...

I am glad you went there! I heart disney...so fun! I am glad you had a blast you deserve it!

Lilian said...

LUCKY!

I LOVE the Monte Cristo sammiches too!!

I guess I'll just be getting my mouth a waterin' for my own when we go there in OCTOBER!!!

(We'll be stopping in Vegas too... Marching band stuff at UCLA then the DHS band will be marching down Main St. USA!!!!)

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Sounds like a fun 2nd honeymoon. I hope you'll go on a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. Even when your kids arrive and preoccupy, it's great to still have couple time as often as you can and keep that flame burnin' :-)
Disney is awesome. When the kids were little and we lived closer to So Cal we went several times a year for free (Uncle Alan's press pass). I got sick of it and promised never to go again. But that changed lately especially now that I don't have to chase after little ones. I want to go again soon especially after reading your post!