Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thats what I'm doing these days

These are a few of my current favorite things...
what I'm doing while I'm not busy being a wife and mom.

 Yes, it is totally disgusting. I love the drama. I also love snuggling with my husband while watching blood and guts splattering all over the TV.
 Again, totally disgusting. Perhaps even more so than Walking Dead. Again, I love the drama. I also love cringing with my girls while we watch the crap hit the fan. Good old fashion trash TV.
 This is the book that I'm currently focusing on. And it also represents the Historical Fiction/Romance kick I'm on. I looooove Kate Morton, but I also really loved the book I read by Susannah Kearsley.
 Pinterest is so much better than FB. You really get to know your friends on a deeper level, their interest, their tastes, what they find beautiful, even sometimes their insecurities. Now all the world knows just how deep my obsession with Harry Potter runs. They can also see a little insight into my sense of humor or what inspires me.
 I eat copious amounts of peanut butter a day. Ever since I've started to eat better and exercise I've tried to cut out candy, soda, and chips, etc...and peanut butter has become my guilty pleasure. You might find it blended in my Slimfast shake (protein right?)  or maybe my morning toast, you'll never see me eat a celery stick unless it has first been assaulted by PB, I love PB sandwiches, and I even made THESE the other day which wasn't super healthy but hey, it was healthy for my soul...
 Currently my "go to" music. I love this soundtrack. Particularly THIS song.
 I love OPI nail polish and I'll change my color every three days if I have the time but with OPI I can usually go a week or more (on my fingers, I could probably go a year on my toes but that would be disgusting). This color is called "You don't know Jacques" and was part of the French line. It is probably my very favorite, even though it isn't very bright...it is sophisticated ("But, it's gray..."--Adam Turney) It kind of does look a little muddy but it is beautiful and this picture doesn't do it justice. Right now I am wearing This color and This color (the pink one).

"Parents, remember that now is your opportunity. You may feel yourself harassed as you struggle through the days with children, but you are living the happiest and the most golden years of your life. As you tuck them into their beds at night, please be kind to them. Let them hear a kind voice amid all the angry, vile voices that they will hear throughout their life. Let there be an anchor to which these little ones can turn when all else fails. The Lord will help you so to do."
-Harold B. Lee
This quote has kind of changed my life a little bit. I've been thinking of it daily and I need to live by it. Wise words. 
Last and certainly not least, I've been running and I love it. I actually hate it while I'm doing it sometimes, but I love what it is doing for me, I love the feeling of accomplishment after an hour run, I love feeling strong and fast, and I love the break from my kids. It truly is doing something for myself that is only mine.

No comments: