Sunday, February 5, 2012

Getting Fit

Last year I spent the better part of 2011 being pregnant. And it was worth it. And I wouldn't change it for anything. But of course I gained weight, and it was uncomfortable. All through my pregnancy I had the goal that when Paige was born I would get in the best shape of my life. I decided on an exercise program, I made eating goals. Adam too, had been feeling like he wanted to get back into shape. Here is Adam in 2005:


(That's when I met him...whoo whoo right?)

So in August, Adam got a gym membership. He isn't able to go as often as he likes but we've worked out sort of a work out schedule recently and hopefully he can get where he wants to be. This is Adam's progress over the last six months (PS I BEGGED his permission to use this photo, he is kind of embarrassed but I think he should be super proud...)


He's lost about ten pounds and as you can tell he's toned up. I'm super proud of him....Then there is me...



 Here I am about 155lbs right after Paige was born (I was 165 when I went into the hospital).

Here I am at 121 lbs last day of boot camp.
I can run  6 miles (or 60 minutes), I've completed a month of intense boot camp training, 30 day shred, and the Couch to 5k program. I am strong and feeling great! I still have a ways to go to where I need to be (I don't care about losing weight but I do want to tighten up) and maybe I'll never get there, after all I HAVE had two babies...but I'm feeling strong and I'm feeling comfortable and happy in my own skin...

Hawaii, here we come!

3 comments:

Bea said...

You are both looking GREAT.....
as long as you don't get fanatical and keep healthy... as least I won't have to worry about peanut butter fingers for awhile. :o)

Georgia said...

Lookin' Good Adam and Melissa!!!

Margie said...

You both do look GREAT!! I wish we could go running together. But I do look forward to hiking Ben Lomond this summer!!