Friday, July 3, 2009

Baby Update and Baby Name

I'm getting ready!!! I had a Dr. Appointment today and was surprised to learn that I'm 1.5 cm and 50% effaced! He told me that as long as I take it easy over the next four days (so that I make it to 36 weeks) than I could go into labor anytime after that.

My gut tells me it will still be at least three weeks. I'm being induced on July 31st regardless of what happens (four weeks from Saturday) so that I can have three weeks with her before I have to go back to school for student teaching...Dr. says he'll be surprised if I even go that long.

Keep us in your prayers that the house stuff will be taken care of...and that we will either be moved into the new house, or that we will have an answer and reached a conclusion with the house drama and be all unpacked in our current house before she comes. We are praying hard!!!

Update: While in the temple today we both felt impressed by a name that was being sealed. After discussing our feelings about the name in the Celestial Room we both agreed, happily, that we finally had her name. She will be known as Hannah Elizabeth Turney. It sure feels good to finally have a name for a precious girl...now we don't have to worry about that anymore.

8 comments:

Bea said...

What a beautiful name. I am so glad you have decided. Granpa is really thrilled with the name. Both of course are biblical names.
We are praying for you and your house situation that it will work for you. :o) Whatever happens, that you will be happy. :o)

Alan said...

While I read everyone's blogs I don't always leave comments. But I have to comment on this one. I love the name you guys have chosen. It's beautiful. Way to go.

Lilian said...

I love that name. Beautiful.

Lesley said...

I LOVE the name you've chosen Melissa, it is beautiful and I love how you realized that that was to be her name. Everything will work out for all three of you.

Brian and Carly said...

Melissa it is a wonderful name! Thank you so much for the text you sent. Sorry I was at work. No pressure at all:):)
You really are Amazing you know!

Margie said...

I will go on written record to say I LOVE the name too. I would also like to call her Miss Hannah some of the time!

Georgia said...

I know I'm not family, but I have to agree with the rest of the family members, Hannah is a beautiful name and it is so good to have that decided and one less thing to worry about at this stressful time.

Best wishes with the house, the move, the delivery and all those amazingly stressful events you have to do.

Stephanie said...

I like it! I finally decided on Ethan's name in the temple too but it was before I even knew for sure what gender he was. My brother was getting married and I had the impression that I was pregnant with a boy and his name should be Ethan Joseph Burt.