Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!!

Of all the women in my life, I want to be like my Mom more than anything. My mom is the most amazing woman I've ever known. I was so lucky to be born to her. My mom is a virtuous, valiant woman who has taught me to love the Lord and be a good person.



Here are some reasons I love my mom.
1) She is so happy. One of her friends told her that she is one of the most satisfied people that she knows. This is so true. My mom is always smiling and happy and looking for the positive in a situation.

2) My mom is a wonderful example of kindness to others. She is always trying to serve someone in her life and try to make their day happier and their burdens lighter.

3) My mom loves my Dad. They have such a solid relationship. To see them kissing and holding hands was always such a comfort in my life. They never fought. They always spoke kind words of each other and she is a good example of what a wife should be.

4) She is always trying to improve her quality of life. She takes good care of her health by eating right and exercising regularly.

5) She always found time to be with us. Her family is her number one priority and I appreciate that she dedicated her life to serving our family. I always know my mom is there for me when I need her.

6) She taught me valuable lessons like self reliance and staying out of debt. She taught me how to cook and clean and take care of bills etc.

7) She loves the unlovable. She has sympathy and patience for them...which is good because I never did.

8) She is a hard worker, always keeping busy and keeping the Marsden family household working round the clock.

9) She is supportive of my decisions and expressive when I need to talk. Whenever I need to share something exciting and I need a reaction I will go to my mom.

10) She has the light of Christ, and is always trying to share her testimony of others.

I also want to pay tribute to my Mother in Law who I also love very much. I am grateful for an awesome Mother in Law who I look to for strentgh and endurance. Here are some of the reasons I love her.


1) She is a strong willed person who never backs down. In this way she has been able to take care of herself and her family.

2) she is not an overly emotional person. I admire this a lot because I am very emotional!

3) She has helped support her family for many years, going back to school and receiving her nursing degree, graduating in the top of her class with six kids hanging on.

4) She has overcome much adversity and has pushed through it, she can even laugh about it.

5) She takes initiative, planning wonderful trips around the world and trying different things.

6) She has taught her kids to be strong and self reliant, they basically keep the home running without her having to say or do much. They know their responsibilities and they take care of each other.

7) She raised a wonderful son who treats me like a Queen and respects women.

8) She is not afraid to venture out of her comfort zone...I don't even know if she's restricted herself to one.

9) She has remained true and faithful to the church and kept her family strong, despite her somewhat shaky foundational upbringing.

10) She is someone I can trust, look up to, and try to emulate, especially when it comes to taking care of her family and loving them.

Adam and I grew up in two totally different environments which made marriage difficult at first but has strengthened us tremendously. We are lucky to have good Mothers and Mothers in law and we both love them very much.

2 comments:

Margie said...

Melissa...you are the sweetest girl! I am the lucky & blessed one to have you as my daughter. You have taught me so much, and you make my heart and life feel so full. I am so proud of you and the person you are. You are AWESOME, THOUGHTFUL, KIND, & CONSIDERATE. I just hope I can grow up to be like you!!

Kathy said...

Melissa!
Your blog is so much fun! Thank you for sharing it with me! I love your Mom so much!! Did you know we slept together as girls? We were only 6 years apart in age and we had a lot of fun and good talks over the years. Margie is one of my very favorite people!! I admire and respect her spirituality and charitable nature. When your Mom let me tend you, I knew it was the greatest honor she could give me. I love you!
All my love,
Aunt Kathy--SMILE!!