Monday, May 5, 2008

Growing Up

I saw this and started laughing...what funny twists life throws at us! I was talking to one of my best girl friends Rosalie a couple months ago. We were talking about the price of gas and milk, we talked of important things such as laundry and cleaning and why our husbands are the way they are...we also talked about Russia and how it has been TWO YEARS since we were there together. I mused at the fact that two years ago, we were both planning our weddings that would be held in August 2006 one week apart from each other. We planned the dresses, the romantic honeymoon, the beautiful flowers and fancy receptions. Never once did we talk about the toilet scrubbing and laundry and everything included in 'Marital Bliss.' How quickly perspectives change.

I will say that you won't find two people who love their husbands more than Rosalie and I. Sometimes it's just good to unwind. It is so nice to have someone in such a similar position as me, still newly married, no kids, going to school and working. I there is a lot of chit chat that goes on between drives to work and school with us!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hey Mel, I love your blog! I love that you read postsecret too.

Meg said...

So I like this post a lot, except for two things: 1) There's no picture of me! I think I have a really cute one from your bridal shower... and 2) I can't read your blog in the current colors unless I tip my screen back. I don't know what the deal is. But it is sad. The end.
A hug.