Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Books Read in 2011

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

Dream When your Feeling Blue
by Elizabeth Berg

The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne (BOOOO!!! Biggest waste of time in my life)

The Magicians Nephew
by C.S. Lewis

Al Capone Does My Shirts
by Ginnifer Choldenko

*Sarah's Key
by Tatiana De Rosnay

*
*Night by Elie Wiesel

**
One Child by Torey Hayden

*
I am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson

*
Where She Went by Gale Foreman

*
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
 
Keepsake Crimes by Laura Child
 
*Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
 
Nory Ryan's Song by Patricia Reilly Giff
 
Maggie's Door by Patricia Reilly Giff

* Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff

*The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

******Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

*Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 

*Room by Emma Donoghue

Lily's Crossing by Patricia Reilly Giff

*The House at Riverton by *Kate Morton

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

*Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua

 *Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

*Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

*Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

*A Stolen life by Jacee Duggar 

*Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling

**A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

I read 30 books this year, not quite the 100 I'd had my heart set on but I feel like I did ok. This year, I plan to read all four standard works, 3 biographies, 5 classics, two non fiction, and at least one book on running marathons. * Means highly recommended ** Means life changing.  As you can see there are some repeats from last year, including the Harry Potter series. I just can't get away from those books, they are my all time favorites. 


The cool thing about keeping a record of these books is that I enjoy to remember what was happening in my life as I read the books. Lots of things going on in 2011!

No comments: