Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Author: Adam Turney
I was just listening to an NPR program, "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me," and heard about this funny sounding book. For those of you that want to read a Jane Austen novel but find the romantic part to be too much to swallow, this version provides a new twist to the story and makes it a little more interesting and exciting. Here is the synopsis for the new novel.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies features the original text of Jane Austen's beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie action. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton—and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she's soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers—and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield as Elizabeth wages war against hordes of flesh-eating undead. Complete with 20 illustrations in the style of C. E. Brock (the original illustrator of Pride and Prejudice), this insanely funny expanded edition will introduce Jane Austen's classic novel to new legions of fans.

This sounds so good I might just have to read it when it is released.

Updated Note: This book is genuine and will be released in April or May. For those of you still doubting, I am providing the link for the books page on Amazon.com and you can place your pre-order if you are interested.

3 comments:

Bea said...

You are joking of course!!!!!
Sacrilege!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melinda said...

This book looks absolutely HILARIOUS!!! I'm not much of a Zombie person....but in this context it just looks intriguing enough I MIGHT try to find a copy to borrow someday. I love the things NPR comes up with!

Georgia said...

Hey Adam and Melissa,

I finally, finally took the opportunity to check out your blog. It is so cute and too funny.

I am hooked on the NPR show, "Wait, wait, Don't Tell Me." More fun than any TV show I can think of right off. However, I am a true Jane Austin fan...I don't think I can take any spoofing of her books so I'll have to pass on the zombie version of Pride and Prejudice.

Hope you are feeling well this week. Thanks for keeping us posted on Elder Marsden!

Love, Georgia