Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm a little behind...

I wanted to post about the best Valentines day I ever had! Last month after paying for school, I was thinking about everything coming up and I decided that this year we were going to give each other quality time and experiences rather than gifts for holidays, birthdays and anniversaries.
Heck if my body times it right and I have the baby on my due date (not likely) then we get a baby for our anniversary!

I'll share what we do as it comes, we are especially very excited for Christmas...that one is going to be awesome.

For Valentines day we blocked out the whole day to spend together. We woke up and made breakfast together each using our special skills, me on the skillet with the gourmet eggs and Adam frying up the bacon. Then of course we shared it together, a luxury we don't often enjoy (sit down breakfast).

We knew we were having the repair guy come at some point so we planed to spend most of the day in... we spent that time playing games and other fun activities. We were planning on going to the temple and doing sealings but unfortunately the guy came too late and we had to go today.

That evening, we went to Chilies thanks to my parents :) and enjoyed a yummy meal...I've been very surprised to discover that I can no longer eat an entire meal by myself lol. With a half pound half foot human inside there is less room.

The best part of the night came when we went to the stake adult dance lol. We knew we'd be the youngest people there but we didn't know it would be by about 20 years. there were about 20 couples there and not many from other wards but El Camino really represented well woot woot. Although it was cheesy I still made Adam go with me because I wanted to dance with him. He requested a few songs they didn't have and we waited for a slow song for a long time and when they didn't play any we went home and Adam set it up on our surround sound and we danced to our songs You and I and Love of a Lifetime (Michael Buble, Firehouse)

After that we watched PS I love you and it was sweet and sad.

For gifts, Adam wrote me a six page love letter (my favorite kind of gift) and I gave him about a hundred cut out hearts with reasons why I love him on each one.

It was awesome!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

That's really cool! I recently read one of those short articles at the end of the Ensign where a husband said that instead of cards, he bought a notebook and started writing in it for his wife and now he does it randomly instead of only on special occasions-this story reminded me of that and how creative and sweet we can be. We have a category in our budget called "fun" which includes anything from a misc toy for Samantha to eating out. One month the spending was rather high and Cory asked why it was so high when he didn't felt like we'd had that much fun, and I said "Well, maybe it's because we're buying fun and not HAVING fun." Oh, and I remember being SO sad when I was pregnant and no longer able to eat an entire meal in one sitting. Sorry this comment was so long!! The post was really inspiring