Monday, February 9, 2009

Another little tidbit because I can't stop thinking about my bebe...

15 weeks!

The baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 4 inches and it now weighs approximately 1.75 ounces. The baby is close to the size of a softball!

The baby is growing at an amazing rate and looking more like a human every day. Because the baby's skin is so thin, you are able to see blood vessels through the skin. Lanugo hair covers the baby's body, but it will be gone when baby is born.The hair on the eyebrows and head continues to grow. Some babies are born with little or no hair and others have a head full of hair!

If I were have an ultrasound at this point, I might be able to see the baby sucking its thumb. Even though the eyes continue to move to the front of the face, they are still widely separated. The baby's ears look like normal ears and continue to develop externally.The bones that have already formed continue to get harder and retain calcium. The baby is very mobile and flexible at this point. It can bend her arms at the elbows and wrists and she can also make a fist with her hands.

6 comments:

Brian and Carly said...

Melissa why did you say "she" at the end of this post? Have you found out the gender of the baby yet? Or is it still way to soon to tell?

Joy Salmon said...

funnn stuff!

The Thornley's said...

Hey are you having a girl!!!

Lilian said...

So, I take it that's not a picture of YOUR baby??

I wish for you a GIRL!

Margie said...

I can't wait to find out what we are having. Not too much longer and we will know!!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Very exciting time for you. For a minute I thought that was a "photo" of your baby. I'm guessing you're having a girl. No particular reason. I just think it would be fun for you to have a girl.