Monday, February 9, 2009

Best moment of pregnancy so far...

So today as I woke up to jump in the shower I had a little surprise! I was showering and when I turned around to wash my hair I felt a little someone stroke my belly from the inside. For about forty seconds I stood there in shock as it felt like a little hand or foot rubbed down my tummy in one spot. I say stroke because scratch sounds alienish but it was like a stroke or a scratch going down my tummy. I ridiculously burst into tears in the shower.

All last week I wondered if the "flutters" I was feeling could be the baby, after all I've heard you don't generally feel the baby until about 17 weeks and I'm only 15 weeks so I just brushed it off but I did tell Adam that I thought the baby was hanging out on the left side of my abdomen. Low and behold the same spot I told Adam I thought the baby was turned out to be the same spot I felt the movement this morning. It was so distinct and present that I was shocked and haven't been able to concentrate all morning. I looked it up and it said 13 weeks was the soonest soonest people really report feeling the baby so I guess I'm just a little earlier than 17 weeks. What can I say, my child is just more advanced than the average fetus lol.

6 comments:

Lilian said...

That's awesome Melissa!

Bea said...

In a few weeks it will be kicking so hard you will tell "TT" (timothy turtle) to go to sleep. I am excited for your experience. I remember my very first experience. It is thrilling. "TT" really is alive.

Lesley said...

That is always my favorite part of pregnancy. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to find out what color I need to crochet for my first great neice or nephew.

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited for you Melissa! I think that it is way awesome that you haven't been sick much lately either! That means you can enjoy pregnancy a little more than I did which would have been a welcome change. I really am happy for you! I want to be kept updated okay!

Margie said...

I'm so happy you are getting to experience this miracle. My baby is having a baby!!

Melinda said...

That was definitely the one time when I wished that guys could be pregnant too-in a good, wish you could experience the coolness of this way- to have that same exact feeling-it's just not the same feeling it from the outside. My first feelings felt like muscle twitches to me.