Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Week in the Life {3/11-3/17}

We spent this week in Utah visiting Grandma and Grandpa and boy, was it an awesome week!

First of all, I need to say there are few grandchildren that are as drenched in love as my children. My mom is the best grandma and mom of all time. Each day she loved and cared for my children, giving me a little rest from the day in and day out hectic pace of having two young children. Not only that, but she has a full plate herself with all of the demands in the singles ward, plus being a mom and a wife with a part time job. She is constantly on the go. My children adore her, trust her, love her. Paige even started calling her Mommy after less than 24 hours after our arrival.

Not only is my mom fantastic, my dad is as well. With all of HIS demands as a full time employee, Bishop, and father, he spent every free minute playing with my daughters. He even took off a day of work to spend at the zoo, and ditched out a few hours early to babysit them while we had a girls night out. The girls adore him and think that he is the best and funniest grandpa ever. Today during the sacrament, Paige wanted to get his attention and shouted "Gampa, Gampa!"

Megan and Sean also adore the girls, and Sean and Linds came down for the weekend just to see us. Megan told Hannah that she would miss her and Hannah said "That's okay, maybe your mom and dad can take them to the park." I'm so grateful for Lindsey and I'm happy to have a sister in law who married into the family who loves my children and takes such good care of them.

On Monday I set out on my own for Utah. I was a little nervous, but thanks to lots of prayers and perfect children (No joke, they didn't cry, complain, fuss, or whine once during the entire 7.5 hour drive and we only stopped once for food). We had a little family night, played a ton with Grandma, Grandpa, and Meggie, then went to bed.

Tuesday was Tree house Museum day! It was awesome! The girls loved it, and Hannah especially loved the Doctor section and the Princess Castle. Hannah says she wants to be a nurse now. Hannah even got to participate in a play as a black bird. It was the sweetest thing!

Wednesday we went to the park and played soccer with a little guy named Lucas. The weather was beautiful  and the girls were happy to play outside. My mom took me shopping and I got some skinny jeans and a couple of shirts. My dad watched the girls and Megan, my mom and I went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Hale Center Theater. My uncle David was in it, and it was really fun to see him preform again.

Thursday was a little slower paced with was great for me. My mom had to shop at Walmart (she took Hannah with her) and Costco (we all went together) then we kind of hung around. Grandma and the girls dyed Easter Eggs and then we went to the park to roll them. It was so funny, because we got to the park and the girls just wanted to play, and then a boy named Jude asked if he could have one of our eggs and Hannah, Jude, another little girl, and Paige went to roll the eggs. Pretty soon, the whole park was coming to roll the eggs with us. It was so funny! We were pretty popular. Thursday night Mom and I went to a relief society activity with Kristen Olsen as a guest speaker. It was amazing and it made me inspired to develop and recognize my talents and gifts.

Friday I finally met Megan's boyfriend Caleb. I really really like him, what a great guy. We had pizza at the park with him and the Crouch family. They are some of my favorite people.

Saturday Megan and Caleb took Hannah and Paige to Kangaroo Zoo (Kangaroo Pump it Up). My car was having troubles and we had to jump start it. As it turns out, the battery is pretty old and so I had to get a new battery from Walmart. We headed to Salt Lake with Sean and Lindsey who came down to see us for the weekend and shopped at City Creek. We also went to Hires Big H. A family favorite. Hannah has been really funny about "potty language" because she knows that Grandma doesn't like it. When grandma wasn't around I was joking around and playing with her and one of my dolls was calling her doll Mr. Poopy pants. Hannah was laughing hysterically, then my mom walked into the room and Hannah got all red and ashamed. I leaned in to whisper it in her ear and she quickly shut me up by putting her hands over my mouth and imploring me to stop. I got a text from my mom later saying that Hannah ratted me out. It was pretty funny to tease her.

Sunday we all went to church together, then to Linger Longer. Mom put together and AMAZING spread for the young single adults (honey glazed ham, corned beef and cabbage, salad, Irish cheese, potatoes...etc). It was really great! We hung out a little with Sean and Lindsey before they had to leave, and now I am typing and the girls are getting ready for bed.

My sad news of the week was that I got a call on Monday saying that I was going to be an aunt. My dear sister in law Allie got a call from her doctors office informing her that she was pregnant, expecting November 15th. On Friday, she called again, saying that she got ANOTHER call from the doctor office saying that they were sorry but they'd read the results of her blood test wrong and she was NOT pregnant. Allie was devastated, but very kind to the nurse who made the mistake. She is a great example to me and I'm grateful for her. I know she will be a wonderful mom when she does have a baby.

Well, I'm sad to go but I'm excited to see my husband tomorrow. That man is sure a wonderful guy to let us go off. I got a text from Stacey saying that my husband was super sweet. She informed me he wrote a blog while I was away and it made me cry. I'm glad he loves his family, we sure love him too and we miss him.

No comments: